Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

Snowmobile for ice fishing only - what to buy?

<< < (3/11) > >>

tlzkaasen:
Appreciate all the responses  :tipup:

Whiskeythrottle_24:
Had a 1995 ski doo formula z 583 bored .30 over wiesco high compression pistons and worked great for ice fishing and trail riding. Had zero issues with it and i only paid $550 for it.The 583's are pretty much bullet proof and have a lot of power to rip through the slush. This year i restored a 1998 ski doo mxz 670 that i will be using. Eventually ill buy a air cooled sled just for ice fishing, I love my ski doos

tlzkaasen:

--- Quote from: Whiskeythrottle_24 on Dec 10, 2015, 11:00 PM ---Had a 1995 ski doo formula z 583 bored .30 over wiesco high compression pistons and worked great for ice fishing and trail riding. Had zero issues with it and i only paid $550 for it.The 583's are pretty much bullet proof and have a lot of power to rip through the slush. This year i restored a 1998 ski doo mxz 670 that i will be using. Eventually ill buy a air cooled sled just for ice fishing, I love my ski doos

--- End quote ---

Lots of these around after a quick search on craigslist.  nice!!

eiderz:

--- Quote from: Whiskeythrottle_24 on Dec 10, 2015, 11:00 PM ---Had a 1995 ski doo formula z 583 bored .30 over wiesco high compression pistons and worked great for ice fishing and trail riding. Had zero issues with it and i only paid $550 for it.The 583's are pretty much bullet proof and have a lot of power to rip through the slush. This year i restored a 1998 ski doo mxz 670 that i will be using. Eventually ill buy a air cooled sled just for ice fishing, I love my ski doos

--- End quote ---

Nice first post whiskey, welcome to Iceshanty. I'm a doo guy as well, right now I'm using a 550f Expedition, long track and fan cooled both are very useful on the ice.

Westsloper:
Mid to late 90's Polaris indy 500 Touring is a bomb proof sled. I picked up a 1998 Polaris Indy 500 Touring 2-up 5 years ago with only 2800 miles on it for $1700.00 off Craigslist. I have 7200 miles on it now and its still as strong and soild as the day I bought it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version