Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

Snowmobile for ice fishing only - what to buy?

(1/11) > >>

tlzkaasen:
Looking for a snowmobile for ice fishing only.  Don't want to spend a lot... Prefer to be under 1k, but maybe as high as 2k. Looking for something reliable and bullet proof. Suggestions?

Will be towing a sled.

Thanks

BIGCREW:
For your price range your not going to get to new of a sled but that doesn't mean you can't get a good one,you may have to shop around a little more but some great deals can be had for the coin you have to spend and any sled beats walking,your best bet is to find someone that knows what to check on a used machine,is the track good does the motor sound good etc.I would steer away from the sporty models and try to buy from àn older person that is less likely to have beat it and took care of it,I worked at a ski area and we had mostly Polaris and a few Yamaha sleds so there the only ones I have any experience with but I know the mechanics preferred Polaris and I did to

Fisherman 1:
Skidoo Skandic or Tundra.

tlzkaasen:
Appreciate the responses

redneckdan:
Stay away from the skandics, especially in your price range. Trust me on this. That transmission is a ticking time bomb. And God help you if you get that thing stuck.

Mid 90s indy 500.

The poo 488 and doo 503/550 engines are bomber. 15,000 miles on a top end is not unheard of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version