Author Topic: Standing Bear  (Read 1426 times)

Offline waterloofisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Standing Bear
« on: Dec 31, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Anyone had any luck with the Standing Bear trout?  Caught quite a few last year east of boat ramp but haven't been back this year.  Thinking tomorrow morning if i can shake the hang-over off   :P  Also anyone know any where to get wax worms around there?  Bait shop in Blair (Steinbaugh's?) has good selection of jigs again plus bait, but unfortunately all my bait has frozen!  Braved a farm pond in -5 degrees right before Christmas, shack heater couldn't even keep up, fished for four hours and skunked!  Fished Holmes lake in Lincoln on Saturday, just a few bluegill.  Any Standing Bear info would be appreciated...  Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
Re: Standing Bear
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2009, 09:38 AM »
Steinbaugh's was out of waxies when I was in there last week but said he was getting more in this week. He said he sold more waxies to date this season than he did all of last year. Also you may want to call ahead to see if he got some in, he's also kind of hit and miss sometimes as far as being open for buisness.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:11 AM »
I know it's a drive, but CAbelas had plenty of waxies, I hit them today and they still had ten or twelve packages left.  I hit standing bear from about one o'clock to three today and caught three nice bows and a brownie!!!  I was just north and east of the ramps in about fifteen feet, anywhere from on the bottom to as high as seven feet up.  I will be out thursday afternoon in a green shack if your out there.
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline J B

• IceShanty Rookie
  • What does luck have to do with ice fishing?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2009, 10:19 AM »
HP,

I can meet you after work today for a couple hours if you want to go to Walnut or Wehrspann.  SB is just to far to go to after work.  Can't wait to see your new toy.  Call me before you leave.  I'd like to try the Z again sometime.
JB
No Fish?.............Is your auger broke?

Offline ehunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2009, 08:50 PM »
i ended up caching 20 bows this afternoon, and one little gill.  thinkin i might have to go again tomorrow kinda nice to  go fishing and actually catch fish.  would like to get into some nice gills might have to try a different lake.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2009, 07:42 PM »
i ended up caching 20 bows this afternoon, and one little gill.  thinkin i might have to go again tomorrow kinda nice to  go fishing and actually catch fish.  would like to get into some nice gills might have to try a different lake.
Much nicer day for you... wehrspann was less than desireable.  We finally got onto crappies late, no keepers, and many, many, holes later!!!!  I'm hittin Standing Bear Sunday!!!  Those trout were delicious on the grill!!! JB WERE FISHIN FOR PELLET POPPERS!!!

Offline J B

• IceShanty Rookie
  • What does luck have to do with ice fishing?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2009, 12:38 PM »
HP,

So round two will happen tomorrow......(Vex verses Marcum).............

After we catch our 4 trout each, can we pack-up and head to the Z?  The limit is four, right?  I just want a chance at something more than a pellet eater.  I'm thinking we won't need the shack, as its going to get in the 30's.

I'll bring some of Rufus's food too, as thats sure to work for those trouts.

So SB, then the Z tommorrow, meet at what time?  Your place or mine?  I'm free all day.

JB
No Fish?.............Is your auger broke?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2009, 01:46 AM »
I'll call you when I get up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.