Author Topic: box butte info needed  (Read 2599 times)

Offline gulp

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
box butte info needed
« on: Dec 05, 2005, 09:40 PM »
would like to know how the ice is. I live in cheyenne wy and would love to get back up there to fish but do not want to drive that far and not have ice.
Take a kid fishing,they make great pack mules.
Put the big ones back for another day eat the small ones.

Offline jaymzthefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: box butte info needed
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:51 AM »
Hey Gulp,

I think I talked to you last year but I have 5 inches here so I would say there is probably about 6 to seven on box butte I think i will head up there tues or wed this week.

jaymz

Offline R.J.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It must be that time again!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2005, 05:58 PM »
On the NGPC forum this afternoon Alliance reported 8-10 inches of good ice at B.B. :o ;D

But, he also said they fishing sucked :'(

I'm ready to go, anyway!!

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2005, 08:04 PM »
Gulp,

I am from torrington, wy, but am going to school in Alaska now.  Have you ever fished north crow res.  for lake trout.  I know they are in there, but have only caught the big ones in the summer.  Am going to try it when I get home for the break.  Any info on the crow.

baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2005, 12:14 AM »
On the NGPC forum this afternoon Alliance reported 8-10 inches of good ice at B.B. :o ;D

But, he also said they fishing sucked :'(

I wouldn't believe a thing that kid from the NGPC forum says!  Personally, I am tired of his choice of words.  He better figure that out before he gets Terry all fired up.

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

Offline gulp

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2005, 08:17 PM »
baiter hit crow last weekend the ice was good and we got a few bows all small but they were slow. no lakers.
Take a kid fishing,they make great pack mules.
Put the big ones back for another day eat the small ones.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2005, 10:12 PM »
walleye4, maybe he will get a new Xbox game for Christmas and forget all about posting. ;D

Ice is holding around here. The sand is terrible on some lakes. The d#%# wind has to blow 50+ every third day.

Baiter, what school are you going to in Alaska?

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2005, 12:02 AM »
Sandbillly,

I am going to school at University of Alaska-Anchorage.  It is awesome up here except for anchorage is too big for me, so I try to make it out everyweekend to go fishing somewhere.  Can't wait to come home for xmas break and catch a few walleyes and crappie though.
baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2005, 06:53 AM »
Wish I would have thought of going to some place like Anchorage for college, although the studying may have suffered some. What's your major?

Offline R.J.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It must be that time again!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2005, 04:26 PM »
I wouldn't believe a thing that kid from the NGPC forum says!  Personally, I am tired of his choice of words.  He better figure that out before he gets Terry all fired up.
I was unaware.  Don't know nothin about him or his age.  Just seen him on the forum.  I guess now that I think about it he talks a little young, but that's not to say he can't fish.  I have learned PLENTY from fisherman younger than me!

Regardless, there have been numerous other reports of BB sportin' good ice, just gettin soft on the edges (bet THAT does happen to the young guys ;))

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2005, 09:49 PM »
sandbilly,

I am majoring in adventure leadership, it is a fairly new program up here.  All of the classes are outdoor oriented.  Studying is hard with all the fishing to be done, but thats why you take a week schedule and stay in school a year longer.

Baiter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.