The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 8th Anual Bartons Cove Gathering Feb. 1st  (Read 13699 times)

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
Re: 8th Anual Bartons Cove Gathering Feb. 1st
« Reply #60 on: Jan 29, 2014, 06:59 PM »
burp...
Lenz!!!!!! show up.... I will save the back 1.5 mile stretch just for you!  hahaha 
hey you in?   that'd be awesome!  @)

Got a bomb with your name on it...

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:02 PM »
might have to put my name one of those bombs....looks like my previous saturday commitment may change... ;D

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #62 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:06 PM »
A ghost from the past may appear.....
are you freekin kiddin me???? 

Uno_My_Man!!  We all would be so honored dude!  I'm sure there is a dead goldie on the ice waiting for you!!! hahaha  another story to talk share with the guys we have yet to fish with! 
That's 2 steak bombs on tap!  hahaha

Karl... that would be terrific to see ya man.. haven't fished together for a couple years!  a travesty I tell ya, travesty!  :%$#!: let's fix that for Christ  :angel sake!

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:11 PM »
done...

PM'd ya captn...and I have a good raffle gift

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #64 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:18 PM »
I might be able to make it.

ok.. so maybe I should have read all the posts before replying!!!!  Ebour... that'd make anutha bomb that I'd be wicked happy to serve up pal! hope you can make it!  :icefish:
I would offer a ride out but I'll be coming in from CT, but if your 'remarkable pops' would get you out there.. I sure would be happy to have you ride with me home if Andre needs to cut out.

so... ok.... so all you coconuts out there too many to name....so - old and new and inductees.. this could be epic! even if I am defeated again by the dark side.... come on out man!
all uh ya!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Flaggs!

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #65 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:47 PM »
Looks like this gathering will be one for the books for sure. Can't wait for Saturday. Karl we live 5 minutes apart it will be nice to finally meet and fish with ya. Lenz make the trip out if ya can. Any others on the fence lets take over the cove.  ;D ;D
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:51 PM »
Flaggs tell the Porter story again when he jigs the russians hole  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

thats the best :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:57 PM »
Looks like this gathering will be one for the books for sure. Can't wait for Saturday. Karl we live 5 minutes apart it will be nice to finally meet and fish with ya. Lenz make the trip out if ya can. Any others on the fence lets take over the cove.  ;D ;D
right on Schu!!!

Frozen... to hell with the dead derby!  meet us on the dark side dude!

Capt..... you ready???   ;)2

Flaggs!

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #68 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Flaggs tell the Porter story again when he jigs the russians hole  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

thats the best :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
In stitches dude!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
That cost me 20 bucks!!!  totally worth it!!! 

Flaggs!

Offline ebour

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • youth weekend warrior
« Reply #69 on: Jan 29, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Roger I think dad will be able to take me and a steak bomb might be just enough for him to stay awhile too. Hope to see everyone there!!!
I like fishing. No point trying to argue.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #70 on: Jan 29, 2014, 10:25 PM »
This coconut just might have to take the ride out and see all you fantastic folks! Hopefully my truck keeps on "Truckin" ! John, what's the approximate ice thickness? Close to a foot on my local bass hole.

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #71 on: Jan 29, 2014, 10:57 PM »
Just got home and had to check in after reading the post.

Lenz and Uno back on the cove!  That's some great news!  Just that much more to look forward to.

Young Mr Ebour, it will be a pleasure to meet you.

Kieth, I stop measuring after 8 or 9 but I would guess around 14 about now.

And, I just read in another thread that Ricky Rigid and better half will be gracing the ice of the cove!

To tired to type but something we talked about last year was doing another Finbore Vs Nills shoot out.  Anyone who is coming who owns a 8" nills, send me a PM and we will talk.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #72 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:03 AM »
Yah there is easily over a foot of ice. I was there 3 weeks ago and there was about 10-12in.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline minnow1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 30, 2014, 03:38 PM »
One of these years I will get out there.  Have been wanting to every year.  My two sons play hoop-one travel and one jv so I can't get there this year.

Offline New Pilgrim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Jan 30, 2014, 05:02 PM »
Ah... I think I shall not be able to make it - My utmost apologies. I am training to be a ref for the Boston Derby Dames and there is a mandatory training program at noon. Unless I have the gumption to drive out at 4am and arrive at 6:30am and leave at 9am back to Boston I don't think I can make it. My apologies Captain and Stripernut.

New Pilgrim

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #75 on: Jan 30, 2014, 05:17 PM »
I am gonna see what I can do.  My daughter has a dance thing at 5 or 5:30 so I am gonna work the wife and see if I will be able to go out for a while.  If I get there at 6:30 and leave at 3 I should be all set.  Now I just hope the wife goes for it.  Sounds like it is gonna be an EPIC event.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #76 on: Jan 30, 2014, 05:33 PM »
Will be a good time for sure Ed.  Gotta get you a pike brotha!!

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 30, 2014, 06:18 PM »
Well got the ok from the wife ;D  Now I am waiting on mom to see if she wants to watch the 2yo for a few hours on Sat.  Keeping the fingers crossed.  Unfortunately FishinGirl won't be able to make the trip out cause of the dance thing.  She did tell me to say Hi to all the coconuts tho.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline Ethan11271

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Jan 30, 2014, 06:51 PM »
Thinking if bringing my burn barrel- off the ice and pack out the ashes. What do you guys think?
Fish On!!

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #79 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Minnow, you are truly one of the good ole timers left on here and I really wish you could make it down.  It would have made my day.  But hey, they are only young once.  Tight lines my friend.

Make it happen MrE!

New Pilgrim, so sorry to hear that you wont be able to make it.  I will miss your enthusiasum.  For those that don't know, Pilgrim iced his first fish ever at a gathering a few years back.

Ethan, no problem with a burn barrel if you would like .  A very responsible way to have a fire on the ice.

The prize table is shaping up real well and I have heard of some nice things being donated.   Please look around and see if there is something you can contribute.  Along with some other stuff I am donating a Billy the Singing Bass!  No man cave is complete without Billy on the wall ready to belt out "Don't worry, be happy".

Ok folks, I'm pulling a double session tomorrow hunting Pike in the morning and 'Eyes in the evening so I probably won't be checking in again until later tomorrow evening.  A lot of you have been here before so if any one has any question just ask and some one will help your out.

Reminder:
All participants please come in to the prize table at 11:30 for the raffle and group photo.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline rickyriged

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #80 on: Jan 30, 2014, 09:18 PM »
Guys is the ice really a foot thick out there....looks like I'm gonna be spudding my holes unless one of you nice guys could help me out with a couple rowes of holes
:) Ill be home soon.:)

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #81 on: Jan 30, 2014, 09:33 PM »
Guys is the ice really a foot thick out there....looks like I'm gonna be spudding my holes unless one of you nice guys could help me out with a couple rowes of holes

It's probably closer to a 14 or 15".  I'm sure there will be a enough jiffys around that some one can pop you some holes.

Good lord, I just remembered, can any one remember the screen name of that young man who was the "king of all spudders".  It was like the first or second gathering.   He bragged to us how his spud was so mighty and how he was going to spud his way through the cove in February.  ;D  We all sat in our lawn chairs downing pepermint patties and smoking cigars just laughing our buts off.  After about an hour and covered in sweat, I think he finished three hole, he told us that was all he was planning on putting out in the first place and wouldn't let us drill him any more  ::)

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Jan 30, 2014, 09:41 PM »

What happened to your auger?

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #83 on: Jan 30, 2014, 09:50 PM »
lol john, he certainly didn't have my chisel :-) I chopped there a couple years ago, but that was more like 8"-10" As nice as mine cuts I draw the line at 8"-9"  ;D my auger still sitting on the porch, needs some work :-\ I think I'm gonna just give it to Jr. Let him fix it up. Buy me a new one  ;D

Offline rickyriged

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #84 on: Jan 30, 2014, 10:44 PM »
What happened to your auger?

The eskimo is not running or cutting very well.... and i am trying to borrow my buddles new hand auger but he's heading out later in the afternoon

Offline otzi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Jan 30, 2014, 11:07 PM »
Hearing 14-15 in. makes my rethink using my hand auger :o but the jiffy has sat idle for 2 yrs now.. We'll have one or the other for you to borrow Rick. ;)
Suit up and show up!

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #86 on: Jan 31, 2014, 04:32 AM »
Ion is running great. I can punch some holes for those who need em.

Ill even put the 8in on for yahs  ;D

Offline rickyriged

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #87 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:49 AM »
Thanks guys ......

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #88 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:10 AM »
I will be bringing a 2012-2013 framed Coconut Grove to the raffle table. This raffle item will also include a final 2013-2014 season update once completed after this season (in case an inductee at tomorrow event wins) !  F.R.E.D. Hope you have 2 tickets!  ;)2

Flaggs!

Offline pickled herring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:13 AM »
Damn weather man looks like any possible precip is going north, too late for me to get day off. How late are you going to be there? I may get to sneak out of work and head up there in afternoon. Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.