The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: tripppps per year??  (Read 3920 times)

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
tripppps per year??
« on: Dec 07, 2005, 11:31 AM »
how often do you'all go out on the ice??  do you hit the ice more then open water??  how'd you get started on the ice....  i cant wait till ice..   i do ice more then openwater :-) 
flag up, tightlines; fish on....   -moose

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: tripppps per year??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2005, 11:49 AM »
I try for every weekend when there is safe ice
I am out on open water more then I am able to go ice fishing open water is about 7 times a week

Offline Mugz

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2005, 12:23 PM »
Every weekend and about 1 or 2 weekdays a month that I bunk work to go.
Can't ever get enough.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2005, 12:48 PM »
lets just say... if i could build a shanty like they have out northwest..  id never leave the ice!!!

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2005, 01:04 PM »
I'm short-seasoned down here in the SE part of the state but I bet I still get out close to a dozen trips.  If I am fishing with others, I like to spend a good 6 - 7 hrs out on the ice.  If I am alone, I will often fish sunrise to sunset.  Icefishing is what I do for mental health - I'll never go postal as long as I have my tip-ups to look at each winter.

Skippy

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2005, 01:10 PM »
I go every single weekend and during vacation I fish most of the week. Im also gonna try to get out a few days a week after school at the local pond.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2005, 01:11 PM »
Every saturday with the Goatboys and every sunday with my daughter! And like Mugz said,a few times during the month when I call in sick or take a vacation day. :tipup:

Offline kivva king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2005, 01:40 PM »
I'm short-seasoned down here in the SE part of the state but I bet I still get out close to a dozen trips.  If I am fishing with others, I like to spend a good 6 - 7 hrs out on the ice.  If I am alone, I will often fish sunrise to sunset.  Icefishing is what I do for mental health - I'll never go postal as long as I have my tip-ups to look at each winter.

Skippy
hey skippy; good to see your post! looking forward to getting hooked-up with you and mark and the rest of the boys as the season progresses  KK

Offline slabcrab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Usually once, maybe twice weather pending per weekend and once during the week. If we get out 12-15 times; thats a good season.

Offline troutfinder23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2005, 04:34 PM »
I fish the open water 3-6 days a week Ice fish 3 weekends a month and 1-2 weekdays a month I would fish everyday in the winter but it is usally just about dark when I get off work.  This is how I relax.  I usally stay sunup til sundown on the ice when i am alone (for some reason some of my friends are wimps and they dont want to stay out that long) ha and they call themselves fisherman

Offline Anima1z

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><,))'>
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2005, 05:28 PM »
I go about every Sat. & sometimes Sundays.  Once in a while I go during the week but I have to take the day off.  I plan on using more of my days off since I bought more gear.  Only problem I have is getting people to go with me I only know 2 people who actually like to go & they don't have the same days off always.  This year I am going to use up a week of my vaca time to get out plus Sat's!!!  See you out there  :D

Offline troutfinder23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2005, 04:05 PM »
This is wonderful the first winter in 6 years I have been single.  This means my time fishing is going to double.  No woman complaining that I like fishing more than her

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2005, 04:08 PM »
saturdays and sundays and I take 1st week in feb off. My wife is glad i'm gone!

i do not fish on soft water...
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline flapjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another season, another reason, to, FISH ON !
« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2005, 06:14 PM »
I go about every Sat. & sometimes Sundays.  Once in a while I go during the week but I have to take the day off.  I plan on using more of my days off since I bought more gear.  Only problem I have is getting people to go with me I only know 2 people who actually like to go & they don't have the same days off always.  This year I am going to use up a week of my vaca time to get out plus Sat's!!!  See you out there  :D

I started a thread: whats up for tomorrow, maybe you'll hook up with someone there, I'm laid off and put in serious time, maybe we can hook up. Keep watching that thread, if it works you may be able to partner up with some of the guys. Good Fishin'...............
I work all year for this ! PAID TO ICEFISH, GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2005, 10:32 PM »
i am gona be on the ice im hoping 4 or 5 days a week everyweek, or as long as i can afford bait lol
if your not fishing, your not living

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 09, 2005, 04:11 AM »
 All I can say is I go alot. ;D About 15 or so years ago I got bored sitting on the couch, so I went out and bought a few cheap tip ups. I hit this small pond near my house, but I knew nothing about icefishing. I had my hook tied on directly to the black ice braid line. It was very cold and windy that day and I didn't get a single flag. When I got home I threw all my tip ups away. A few years went by and I thought I'd try it again. I bought more tip ups and went out again with the same dissapointing results. I went online looking for some gear and I came across this site. I started talking to BJ and DTM and told them what set up I was using and they laughed at me and said come to Westboro and see how the goatboys set up and fish. Well, I learned some new things about icefishing when I went. Where a 50 fish day was just unbeilvable, but happening every time out. Thanks guys. ;D Now there's no stopping me.I got into jigging last year and it's alot of fun. Porter gave me a couple of tip on jigging and my catch ratio now is alot better. There's always something to learn and the fishing is always great.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline ice nut OFJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 09, 2005, 07:02 AM »
Im gonna try to go every weeknd i have off, but mostly on my days off during the week after school, get some big lights, possibly stay out past dark on the good days

Offline n1pj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2005, 08:00 AM »
Every saturday with the Goatboys. Hopefully I don't have to wear the goat hat this year.
Central MA Goatboy
Master Mason Boylston Lodge

Offline mag minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2005, 05:59 PM »

Days on the ice/yr? Every Sunday with ice and w-ends when applicable. One to Three tourneys a Winter. I was living on a Lake for 4 yrs
  and never ice fished it. Was at my parents house one day and in the garage they still had my Grandfathers tipups and 6' toboggan to pull
  gear. He'd moved to FL and wasn't about to use it but was a fanatical fisherman, soft and hard water. Gave it a shot and the first year
  was not too successful. Still enjoyed just going out there, setting up, and kicking back in the lawn chair and waiting for the grille to heat up
  to cook breakfast. Ice Fishing's about not knowing what you might be pulling out of that hole every time that flag goes up, and Beer.

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2005, 04:53 AM »
This year I'll be able to hit the ice more often than ever.  I figure I'll get out about thirty times this season....still not enough.

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2005, 10:27 AM »
Hmmm depending on the ice as much as I can met some great folks last year at The A-1 and other places look forward to fishing again this year have lots of sick time cough cough. I hope to see you all out there sometime this season ;D  and Porter jig on brother haha! :tipup:

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline Danderson

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2006, 06:03 PM »
snowday at school = ice fishing ;D  umm, i try to get out as much as possible, which translates to 8 to 10 times a season. I try and make the best of it though and work towards trophies, they're easier to get in the winter 8).

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2006, 06:11 PM »
Dam Mark now u jig !!

Hey save some fish for me lol.
Hope to see you out on the hardwater! ;D

Keith

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline Coastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2006, 07:25 PM »
I try to go Fishing or Hunting every weekend and I go nuts when I don't. I've been Ice fishing around 20yrs. I'm also a Fly fishing nut, both Salt and Freshwater. I started off Ice fishing with some old tip ups my cousin eventually gave me, I still use them but I now have a conglomerate of different type's, wood, plastic, tall, short, round and flat. I got my first two Heritage Laker's X-Mas (way to go). I would have even thought to get new traps if it was for this darn site.

Offline Massfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2006, 07:59 PM »
already have 11 trips this year with 6 plus hours a trip and 2 or the 11 trips were 11 hours long 530 to 430
I'm a Sucker Slaughterer!!

Offline dave_66

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Here fishy, fishy...
« Reply #25 on: Jan 03, 2006, 04:26 AM »
Mainly weekend warrior here, only three trips so far this year.  I do take a few random Fridays off and hit the ice, but mainly only able to go out on weekends (d@$% job). 

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2006, 11:20 AM »
I usually get out on the ice about 12 to 15 times a season. I do more open water fishing because of the longer season but I like to icefish more.
I only have one trip in so far this year but gearing up for alot more!!!!!!!!!!

smitty :tipup:

Offline amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 04, 2006, 08:07 AM »
Im up to eight trip with iced fish so far... wooohooo   hows it going for you guys?? tightlines!!  -moose

Offline flapjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another season, another reason, to, FISH ON !
« Reply #28 on: Jan 04, 2006, 07:07 PM »
I GET PAID TO ICEFISH............... .from safe ice to the bitter end, every chance I get if it doesnt snow (plow) got to buy bait and gas once in a while.
I work all year for this ! PAID TO ICEFISH, GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Offline dewyg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing Partners
« Reply #29 on: Jan 04, 2006, 07:11 PM »
75-80 days/trips per hardwater season
Set the hook and keep your line tight!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.