Author Topic: Went with the clam  (Read 1897 times)

Offline [email protected]

• Team IceShanty Regular
Went with the clam
« on: Dec 09, 2009, 09:06 PM »
I finally bought a clam Nanook Thermal flip-over.  Haven't opened it yet, planing on doing that up at my cottage.  For those who go the the BPS in Michigan, there are only 3 of them left not including the one I just bought and they didn't have any in the none thermal.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
Re: Went with the clam
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2009, 09:06 PM »
youl be very happy with it

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2009, 09:10 PM »
I wanted to pick up the kodiak and they didn't have it at ALL this year!!

Offline rtibbs48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2009, 09:15 PM »
I bought a new Yukon TC.Just finished putting it together in the basement. pain in the butt to assemble but it is finished and waiting for ice

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2009, 09:56 PM »
I bought the Clam Nanook Thermal as well.  IT was easy to put together.  The only thing I have left to do is put that black piece around the sled and canvas.  I have a Scout and Pro as well but Ive been wanting the two man for a while.  Last years version was a bench style, that's what kept me from buying it.   I can't wait to use mine!!  Good luck with yours.
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

Offline pmac3522

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2009, 05:25 AM »
Fishincrazy,

I bought the Yukon TC this year as well and it was easy to put together, except for that black piece of v-channel.  I struggled with that for a while.  My advice is to heat it up with a hair dryer before you put it on, goes a lot faster.

I have not used it yet, but I have been kind of torn lately.  I saw the nanook at Cabelas and the price after using a coupon was only $200.  I only paid $400 for the Yukon, but if I knew I could have gotten the nanook for half what I paid I am not sure I still would have done it. Oh well I guess, I will be more comfortable and be able to store more in the sled this way, but it would have been nice to save a couple hundred.

Offline biggtow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:14 AM »
I have a clam pro, had it for 4 years
welcome to the clam club

Offline Northern Manitoban

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:49 AM »
I almost bought the Nanook last month until i seen it setup, way to small i was very dissapointed :( could not stand up and the seats were made for kids, the Yukon was setup next to it and wife was amazed with it and said buy it! and i'll come fishing with you, so the Yukon it is and wow what a great clam setup thermol is the way to go, and i found it easy to build took me 1 afternoon, will try it out tomorrow in -35 weather, I'm sure you will still enjoy the Nanook, but i need the room and for $100 more i got one that will last me many years of comfort :)
I only fish on days that end with a Y

Offline pabowhunter14

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish On!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Hard to beat Clam shelters you'll love it had the guide now for four years one word of advise buy the runners for it the really safe the bottom of the sled and make it much easier to pull around.

Offline [email protected]

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2009, 10:35 AM »
I finally bought a clam Nanook Thermal flip-over.  Haven't opened it yet, planing on doing that up at my cottage.  For those who go the the BPS in Michigan, there are only 3 of them left not including the one I just bought and they didn't have any in the none thermal.
The guy from BPS told me that clam didn't make enough shelters this year and they said once they sold what they had they weren't getting any more until next season.  I'm not sure if this was completely true but I was looking around and it seamed like some of them were sold out too.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2009, 12:42 PM »
clam has excellent customer service also i emailed them about my 7 year old clam 2000 spreader pole connect.if i could buy just the ends and they emailed me back hooking me up with 2 ends free of charge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.