Author Topic: Chubby Darters...  (Read 1285 times)

Offline [email protected]

• Team IceShanty Regular
Chubby Darters...
« on: Feb 20, 2009, 07:55 PM »
I have heard that Chubby Darters are an amazing bait but I was wondering what you guys thought about these great baits?  They seam pretty expensive for ice fishing, are they worth the price?  I was also wondering do they work as well as they say it does with out bait or is it better with the tipped minnow or grub or whatever you put on it?  If you could tell me what you think that would be great because I am thinking about getting some of them.  Thank You

Offline FishingNy03

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Chubby Darters...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2009, 09:54 PM »
i have never fished with them personally, but i do have friends that wont leave home without them

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2009, 11:48 PM »
i can bring fish in with the chubby darter and catch them with my Jammin Jigs.i havent had a bite yet on the chubby.not even with live bait.if it brings fish under me,works for me........my 2 cents.
born to fish---forced to work

Offline Brigeton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2009, 04:50 AM »
I bought one & the first time I used it got a 23" eye. Then a pike ate it. They're not as heavy & drop a little slower than a jiggin rap.

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2009, 05:11 AM »
i just bought one looking forward to using it on Oneida
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2009, 07:07 AM »
 Some people swear by them some people swear at them because of the price you pay for one. I`ve caught a few perch on them,but the thing that I don`t care for are the light gauge hooks that are on them they bend real easy. I personally use a jigging Rap more then the Darter.

Bob

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2009, 07:31 AM »
i think the jigging raps are way better...

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2009, 08:46 AM »
I really like the Chubby Dater it is one of my go to lures when nothing is around........they do work and they do produce fish.............the smaller the line the better off you are when fishing them it gives them more action and more action means more fishies...........anyh ow I own 4 darters and yes the $8 is a lot to spend for them but they have a lifetime guarantee............I have tried them without bait only as this is the way they are supposed to be fished and have had great success.............IM O I love the darter much more than any jiggin rap.............they have way more action than a rap watch one on an underwater camera once and tell me they dont look real when they are swimming.....buy a couple of them and see what happens it never hurts to try something once.....just my .02

Offline Knoodles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2009, 09:03 AM »
In my group jiggin raps out fish darters every time. 

Offline gray goose

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2009, 09:07 AM »
work great for the guys i fish with..

Offline hndaugr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2009, 12:27 PM »
I bought 1. First time down I got yellow bass. But caught yellows on plain hook too. Also caught cat fish on Chubby last week. I used small minnows.Yes the hooks bend easy.:o
Fish for fun, not for keeps. Keepers are a bonus!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.