Author Topic: Best ice fishing near Rexburg?  (Read 2683 times)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Best ice fishing near Rexburg?
« on: Mar 04, 2019, 02:02 PM »
Heading to Rexburg on Thursday for the weekend. My daughter is checking out the college and I am wanting to have her drop me off at a lake for a day or two. I am interested in getting into some warm water species if possible. I am looking at Mud Lake as a possibility. What do you think? Any other ideas that I might look at? Thanks for sharing any help with me guys!
P.S. I am missing a trip to Flaming Gorge, but would rather have my daughter safe in her travels than anything else. Good luck to the crew at the Gorge!

Online meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best ice fishing near Rexburg?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2019, 03:21 PM »
Not sure what's all in that area, ririe is outside of Idaho falls has perch, salmon and some walleye, not sure of ice conditions there or how fishing is.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2019, 09:32 PM »
Not sure what's all in that area, ririe is outside of Idaho falls has perch, salmon and some walleye, not sure of ice conditions there or how fishing is.
Thanks for the reply! I will do some research and check out the Salmon on Ririe.

Online meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2019, 09:39 PM »
No problem wish I could be more helpful.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2019, 10:02 AM »
Rexburg isn't exactly warm water territory, and I never chase those species so I'm not gonna be much help.

You mentioned the salmon in Ririe.  The kokes there haven't produced good reports this year. It's not the best ice producer but it sounds like we got a reasonable sheet there before all the snow came.  A place for extra caution, especially if you plan to explore much.

Have you been to Island Park Reservoir? Big trout there when you can get them interested.  Ashton Res is also a trouty place.  Not sure what else is in there.

Hey folks, Joe is a good dude and a good friend.  Please get him any info you might have, via PM if necessary.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2019, 10:44 AM »
Good luck Joe, we're going to miss you at the Gorge for sure. I'll be sure to hook a couple extra big ones just to make you feel better. LOL
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2019, 12:16 PM »
Trout and perch at Magic Res. also Trout and kokanee at Mackay Res. Been wanting to get up to Mackay myself but have been down with a bad cold for the past couple weeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.