Author Topic: What does everyone have attached to there bibs/jackets?  (Read 1570 times)

Offline IceFishingNate

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Otter XT650 Cabin. Vexilar FL-18. Jiffy
Just wondering the essential items all anglers have attached to there bibs and jackets? Especially guys who move around a lot.  Any pics would be once to see as well.   

With me, I have a depth finder weight, led light (to charge my jigs), small jig box (for all my tip up items, see pic) and a small pliers.  Any other "must haves" I should be carrying with me?

Offline RIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • the tank!!!
Re: What does everyone have attached to there bibs/jackets?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2014, 02:01 PM »
small pliers in Velcro pouch hanging outside bibs on D ring , small tackle box, digital  scale in coat pocket
How are the edges ?

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2014, 03:26 PM »
I have a lanyard that goes around my neck, it has clippers, blue light for jigs, sounder, and hemostats. I also have a perch eye remover that is on there  that I made.

I carry a small tackle box just like yours in my coat pocket that holds, bigger lures and jigs, hooks, weights, rubber bands, swivels, 2 buttons, and a few other odds and ends. I also keep a strofoam rectangle which holds my smaller hali's, pimples, spoons that I have a leader on already. Just use toothpicks to keep them on there. I have spikes in my other coat pocket.

I have a rag on a d-ring, cellphone and lighter in one bib pocket and needle nose pliers in the other.

Spikes will go around my neck and under my left arm.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Trump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2014, 04:04 PM »
keepin it simple hemos on the zipper bait puck in top left pocket wrist strap for the garmin on left strap and spikes in right bottom pocket

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2014, 08:36 AM »
.Hand drying towel on a short laynyard clipped to a belt loop with a long line clip..sounding weight...long foreceps....jaw spreader.... large nail ( line) clipper... i keep spare leaders with swivels and hooks in a zip lock bag( 1 leader per bag) and a pack of hooks in my pockets.... my glasses.... binoculars around my neck... and  my leatherman is always on my hip...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2014, 12:50 PM »
I wear a lanyard to which I have attached a pair of nippers, hemostats and a blue light for jigs. I keep my waxies in a bait buck and stick that in the pocket of my jacket. I have a Vex Fl8 Pro Pack and keep my jigs and a few spoons in the box the compartment box that came with it.

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2014, 09:02 AM »
Not sure about attached but I carry a small Boga, scissor clamps, small jig box, small box with hooks, weights swivels, ice safety spikes, AA flashlight, and a micro fleece towel
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2014, 11:23 PM »
Measuring tape, line snipper, and a hemostat :tipup:

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2014, 05:47 PM »
Mouth spreader, depth weight, pliers, and a lighter. I also keep an individual key to my vehicle zipped into one of the front pockets
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline carpface

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2014, 02:50 PM »
hemostat nail clipper 36" tape measure

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2014, 05:36 AM »
Dont really use the D-rings much ..lanyard around my neck with a light to charge jigs ... clip my hemostats to my bibs suspenders as well as my sounder ....mostly use the pockets for bait pucks etc .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline highvoltagejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2014, 08:38 AM »
Most important.....A Whistle attached to my jacket zipper.Had it for years.  much easier to hear than someone yelling.  Eastern Mountain sports for like $6

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2014, 12:48 AM »
I have a on my gps so i can clip it to my bibs. Its long enough so that I can just flip it up and read it.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline wv_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2014, 01:46 AM »
Rape whistle and spikes.  ;D
Arghh plundering other people's iceholes since 1981 aarrhhhhggg.

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2014, 11:56 PM »
I would agree that the ice safety spikes for the accidental swimming lesson would be at the top of the list.   :o   Happy (and dry) trails!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.