Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Hickory Grove  (Read 1323 times)

Offline wallagator

• IceShanty Rookie
Hickory Grove
« on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Anyone been out lately on Hickory and have a ice/bite conditions or report they would like to share? Thanks

Offline hotrod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hickory Grove
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2018, 02:08 PM »
Last weekend the ice was very solid, around 12 inches or so.

Fishing was good, a lot of fish biting around the brush and deep in the brush.  (mid to west part of lake)

Not sure what it looks like since the warm-up, I would be surprised if a person couldn't fish it this coming weekend...but you never know.
"I never go ice fishing without my Vexilar" ~Dave Genz
www.fishingwithtoddree d.com

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2018, 05:13 PM »
I drove around it today about 10 and there was no one out which surprised me. South boat ramp the edges were melted  back a little.  North boat ramp looked in real good shape as well as the main body of the lake.

Offline wallagator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Thanks, O B and H R we will give it a try over the weekend! ;D

Offline SchlitzBeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2018, 08:22 AM »
I was out there Sunday afternoon. Found plenty of bluegills/crappies with the camera/flasher...only problem was that nothing was biting. I threw the arsenal at them and they would swim up to bait and slowly fall away from it. Never would touch my hook. First time I have ever been skunked ice fishing. I also found it interesting the number of holes that were drilled either Sunday morning or Saturday. Somebody drilled 100's of holes all over the lake. Every hole looked the same and they were literally drilled everywhere. Wish I would have been there to see what was going on. It seemed the drilling was mainly done around every GPS point that had sunken brush/cover. Like I said, the camera showed good numbers of gills and crappies and the occasional bass mixed in (nothing was biting).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.