Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Brushy Sunday  (Read 2480 times)

Offline weardaice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Is that Guy fishin?
Brushy Sunday
« on: Jan 24, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Fished with toothfish and was wondering how you did after we left.

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Brushy Sunday
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2006, 04:41 PM »
I moved around some and found some nice gills. Took home 6 out of 20 or so. With this wind today..I hope it"s not eating the ice around the island!!  How did Cornielia turn out for you guys??

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline weardaice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Is that Guy fishin?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2006, 12:29 AM »
That place looks awesome. Talked to two guys that had just got out and were not having any luck. Ice was thick 12-13 at least. We decided we had enough for the day
and headed home. Talking about coming out Sunday A.M. depending on ice situation.
Probable the same area. Will let you no Friday.

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2006, 07:33 AM »
We are planning to get on Brushy Sat. after noon to check the ice and fish till after dark. Then come back Sun morning at 4am or so and fish before sun rise. It's the plan..so far!!!!! ;)2

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline weardaice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Is that Guy fishin?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Checked the weather this morning are we going to be walking on water? Currently working 2nd shift and will not no if I am working Sat. until today. I prefer night fishing
with my current schedule. If not working Sat. and ice holds I might catch you out there
Sat. evening.   Same area?

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Yes  Same area. I think the ice will still be good back there but will know Sat. afternoon when we get there :unsure:

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline badgercreekfreek

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Take a kid fishing!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Yes  Same area. I think the ice will still be good back there but will know Sat. afternoon when we get there :unsure:

Tooth ... I may be heading that way too.  If there isn't ice ... I'll be heading further north.  See you this weekend ... Hopefully. ;D

Offline weardaice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Is that Guy fishin?
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2006, 01:56 AM »
Mr. Tooth,
Ran into a few brown bottles on the way home. Got the bid tonight that I am going to be one of those morning people starting Monday :) 20 years on second and the only thing I want to know is if the sun is up at 7:00 A.M.
The whole shop is on O.T. this weekend so the poles will be dry >:( 

May the ice be under you and the fish going vertical.

Offline png

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2006, 08:13 AM »
Tooth ... I may be heading that way too.  If there isn't ice ... I'll be heading further north.  See you this weekend ... Hopefully. ;D

Sent you a pm on centraliowaanglers.com site about it. I will be with Toothfish this weekend.

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Weardaice, Too many brown bottles will give you the flu!! :woot: Hey don't call me Mr.  :unsure: I don't know you are talking to me when you use Mr!!  Hey you or tooth or toothfish is great!!! Yes the sun comes up at 7 am..... right now!!!

Png drove up to the south ramp on Brushy today at noon and said there's still ice....so ..we will give it a try Sat. afternoon.

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline weardaice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Is that Guy fishin?
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2006, 02:19 AM »
Sorry tooth :-[ Just trying to show a little respect to the master of brushy.  ;D
Slim chance of making it over there Sunday afternoon any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2006, 05:53 PM »
I MAY GO OVER Sunday MORNING AFTER WORK. Any REPORT ON THE ICE STATUS would be great.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 27, 2006, 09:59 PM »
4 vehicles on the lake total. about 2:30. seen two sets of people fishing. others we didn't see probably in the trees somrwhere. ice looked decent but we didn't fish. all huts were  at the shore or in the parking lots [did the dnr move them?]  open water by the north island and many parts of the lake. be careful. grizz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.