The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pass the time  (Read 3073 times)

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
Pass the time
« on: Dec 21, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Just wondering the different ways everyone passes the time while waiting to spear the next fish. 

I ussually have a jig on a pole hoping for a trout,char,salmon,etc...
I also take a small radio turned low and just enjoy the peace and quiet. 

Offline spearchucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pass the time
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2008, 04:21 PM »
I jig a Swedish Pimple, or Kastmaster. I have a little radio that seems to keep the station in tune for about 30 mins.  then when I go to fiddle with it to tune in another station, a Pike usually comes in. I also like to cook , a fish usually comes in while I'm trying to eat.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2008, 05:38 PM »
Same here  I use a radio with headphones and also like to jig. I can't help but notice that every time a good song comes on a nice one comes in  :laugh: .

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2008, 11:48 PM »
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZ ah what,what was that,a pike come in.Well I musta missed it.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZ ;D

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline carper34

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I only angle through ice
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2008, 12:11 AM »
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ah what,what was that,a pike come in.Well I musta missed it.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZ ;D
hey, whered my live decoy go...lol
man i hate that. especially when i just took a speared fish outside only to come back to a blank rig.
food tends to do the trick for me, a can of soup can go a long ways when spearing.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2008, 12:21 AM »
My uncle brought me into this sport and the first pike I ever seen was being taken out of the hole by my uncle and I didn't even get to see him spear it cause I was dreaming......ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZ........ I woke up to him saying "I got em" :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Just wondering the different ways everyone passes the time while waiting to spear the next fish. 

Drink a beer or two, jig a little, chew on some sunflower seeds, BBQ some food, listen to the radio, and just relax. Taking it easy is what it's about. :thumbsup: :icefish:
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2009, 07:20 PM »
Drink a beer or two, jig a little, chew on some sunflower seeds, BBQ some food, listen to the radio, and just relax. Taking it easy is what it's about. :thumbsup: :icefish:
AMEN

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2009, 12:37 AM »
MrMarty51 , laid out across 2 folding chairs "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZ"
Rezeye opens the door and exclaims    "Hey how do You expect to spear a pike while Your sleeping??,no wonder You never get to spear any Pike"
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :whistle: :whistle:

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline podunk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2009, 04:59 PM »
I sometimes take my girlfriend a long. If i am not getting any action from the fish i get it else where. Thats how i speared my first pike ever. I have been spearing pike for a couple of years now, but the first one that i actually got was when she was there. If you know what i mean. I am trying to keep this clean a g rated. So if this goes over your head well sorry, i won't explain it to you.
US Marine Infantrymortarman

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:55 PM »
I sometimes take my girlfriend a long. If i am not getting any action from the fish i get it else where. Thats how i speared my first pike ever. I have been spearing pike for a couple of years now, but the first one that i actually got was when she was there. If you know what i mean. I am trying to keep this clean a g rated. So if this goes over your head well sorry, i won't explain it to you.

Sounds like the one and only time!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :whistle:

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:41 PM »
I sometimes take my girlfriend a long. If i am not getting any action from the fish i get it else where.

GIGIDY......GIGIDY.... ... :laugh:

I can't believe she will actually go out, most woman would stop you as you let the spear go saying....NOOOOO don't kill it  :%$#!: , and after she did that it would be a NO every time she asked again.

Offline podunk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2009, 09:06 PM »
No she is the oppisite. She saids that she needs to do it again. So i can spear more pike. In fact she askes when are we going out icefishing again.lol so i think she might be a keeper. Oh did i mention that she likes to hunt. Well i took her out hunting and when i did get a deer she had some and was like i need to get my lincence for next year so i can go and shoot me a deer. lol
US Marine Infantrymortarman

Offline stephensonswille

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2009, 09:29 PM »
mine goes with too. and she loves to hunt so i don't get screamed at when ever i go out just when i dont take her out there with me. i'm goin to try and get her to spear her 1st next time we go to the shack. i think she's hooked on the outdoors now.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.