Author Topic: Gardner’s last nite  (Read 852 times)

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Gardner’s last nite
« on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:27 AM »
Went out last nite with Ocaine ,fished off mansion on left. Edges a little sketchy ,about 6 inches ice ,clear with lots of bubbles in it.It was cracking and howling all nite. Fishing not so good , just a bass and 2 pickerel. Noisy and lots of bright lights on ice around island. Someone running auger at 7:30 pm.  ???

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Gardner’s last nite
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:53 AM »
sounds like my night out there wednesday except for the auger late, ice was very loud!
hoping for a quick afternoon/evening trip before i head to mystic to pick up my parents at 8pm
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:31 AM »
As Bugs said not the greatest ice conditions 6" of lots of trapped bubbles in the ice not as safe as black ice, edges not great,be careful with this next warm up so far its lost 3"of ice,It was one of those bluebird sky days,2 big slime darts and a Larry.A small hint to the guys fishing last night,if you are after walleye be Vewy Vewy quiet do not use white lights. :tipup:

Offline wrx2017

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:32 AM »
Same thing Thursday night. Ice was very loud. Only a couple other people fishing too, we were all quiet come sunset. But the fish didn’t cooperate much. Had some good action around 8 jigging. Lost one in the hole, and had an empty flag. The Mrs. and I will be out there this evening.
-Josh

Offline cutler331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2018, 05:34 PM »
Bugchazer,

That was me coming on the ice late. I had to work a full day then drive 45 minutes to get there to hang with my buds. I brought beer brats with onions and potato rolls! U should of came over we had
Plenty of food. Also you  have the same exact shanty as my buddy so  I was very confused. We had to drill a couple holes because I wanted to go more shallow then 35 ft and jig in 20 feet. Lastly there no lights on any of your tip ups so I didn't know where to walk. If I saw lights I totally would of went around.

by. 

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:10 PM »
Sorry cutler , I was on other side of lake so they weren’t my traps , and no shanty.

Offline cutler331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2018, 07:53 PM »
All gravy then !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.