The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Conn river and set backs ?  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Conn river and set backs ?
« on: Jan 18, 2009, 09:57 AM »
Can you legally fish the conn. river set backs like whites cove, Herrick cove etc. with a Vermont lic. ?

Offline grasspikerel

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Conn river and set backs ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2009, 02:01 PM »
An out of state or instate Vermont license is good for Herricks, Whites, Hunts, the Retreat........... 

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009, 04:45 PM »
An out of state or instate Vermont license is good for Herricks, Whites, Hunts, the Retreat........... 
Thanks for that info

Offline VT snotrocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God, Guns and Guts made America free!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Thanks for that info
Grasspikeral is right except that in the locations he listed the pike fishing is no good!  Just kidding!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.    Winston Churchill

Offline Browntown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:26 PM »
For the main river you need to have a Vermont resident license. If you are not a Vermont or New Hampshire resident then you need a New Hampshire non-resident license. I do not recall if this is true for the setbacks or not.

Offline grasspikerel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2009, 07:41 PM »
I'm going to have to vomitt if I have to to go through this again.  You're fine on the set backs of the CT with an out of state Vermont or instate license and can only fish from the Vermont shore on the main river so you wouldn't be able to ice fish on the main river nor would you want to unless you wanted to die. 

For New Hampshire out of state licenses you can only fish east of the low water mark so you can't legally fish from the Vermont shore or fish the setbacks in Vermont.  If you have an instate Vermont or New Hampshire license you can fish any where along the defined CT River VT, NH border.

The low water mark references the original state line before dams backed up the River.  I'm close to nausea now.  I would just suggest getting a topo map program like map tech or topozone and follow the broken line.  It's not perfect but should suite your purposes.   

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:24 PM »
I'm going to have to vomitt if I have to to go through this again.  You're fine on the set backs of the CT with an out of state Vermont or instate license and can only fish from the Vermont shore on the main river so you wouldn't be able to ice fish on the main river nor would you want to unless you wanted to die. 

For New Hampshire out of state licenses you can only fish east of the low water mark so you can't legally fish from the Vermont shore or fish the setbacks in Vermont.  If you have an instate Vermont or New Hampshire license you can fish any where along the defined CT River VT, NH border.

The low water mark references the original state line before dams backed up the River.  I'm close to nausea now.  I would just suggest getting a topo map program like map tech or topozone and follow the broken line.  It's not perfect but should suite your purposes.   
I understood you the first time and I appreciate the input. Thanks.

Offline grasspikerel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:53 PM »
I didn't want any one to confuse you.  Good luck.

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2009, 01:14 AM »
I didn't want any one to confuse you.  Good luck.
Thanks again, But no need to worry about me getting confused. My wife did that years ago !!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.