Author Topic: Ackerman Lake  (Read 837 times)

Offline Platinum

• IceShanty Rookie
Ackerman Lake
« on: Jan 17, 2017, 10:29 AM »
HAs anyone ever fished this lake?  If so, any information on it?  Good fishing?  I see that it gets stocked every year. 

Offline leghold

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ackerman Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2017, 01:34 PM »
Have a camp by it. It gets stocked but is fished hard. I have done well there a few times , but as a rule it  has small fish and then none until the next plant.

Offline Platinum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2017, 02:33 PM »
Thanks for the reply!!

Offline GripNrip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:31 PM »
Fished it last weekend, never marked a fish. Worked the whole break from shallow to deep and nothing. I've only ever had luck in the summer myself. Was a good 8-9" of ice with a few slushy spots but was a decent amount of snow on top so pulling my loaded flip over was kinda a chore haha I worked the south / south west side of the lake so maybe the north / north west is better.  Good luck

Offline Platinum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2017, 07:04 AM »
Thanks GnR... several buddies and I were going to try and hit it this Saturday.  Being scattered about the UP and Green Bay area we get together once a winter for an outing.  Picking the lake to hit is always the biggest chore.  Just getting out is great, but would be a real nice bonus to land some fish too.  Particularly trout, but not required.  If you have any suggestions, let me know.  Thanks gain.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.