Author Topic: Auger mount  (Read 5353 times)

Offline coolasice

• IceShanty Rookie
Auger mount
« on: Dec 07, 2019, 08:25 AM »
Made this recently...   auger mount for my sled.   Simple bolt on appication.   One clamp to hold the auger.  design taken from the digger auger mount.   Thinking about adding a shovel mount also.  Total cost...  $12 and a few hours of my time...  Just need to paint it.

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Auger mount
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2019, 05:53 AM »
It's all fun and games until you're going through the woods and your sled fits through the trees but you forget about the auger behind you :o Don't ask :P

Offline coolasice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2019, 03:11 PM »
It's all fun and games until you're going through the woods and your sled fits through the trees but you forget about the auger behind you :o Don't ask :P
its mostly for running gear across the lake, dont plan on being in any super tight spaces.

Offline Old Yellaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2019, 07:46 PM »
Changed my mount to side last year as almost hit tree as I was going under it. Moved it to side.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2019, 06:44 AM »
Where I operate at times, even an auger hanging over the side can be an issue, so I keep mine confined in a rack where the trees can't grab it.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2019, 06:55 AM »
I keep mine up front where I can keep an eye on it, keeps the weight well distributed and doesn't stick out much further than the skis.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline tswoboda

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2019, 03:41 PM »
Changed my mount to side last year as almost hit tree as I was going under it. Moved it to side.

You have a Jiffy auger there... were you worried about hurting the tree?  (jokes!!)

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2020, 11:58 AM »

This is my "custom" milk crate rack and auger mount. Th entire contraption sits on the standard Ski Doo rack the machine came with. Five milk crates are bolted together, the auger rack is repurposed 3/4" plywood shelving. The tipup basket is attached by the shoulder straps to a piece of 1x3 fir bolted to a milk crate. This setup works on an ATV with a metal rack as well. Four U brackets hold it all in place, five minutes to remove it.

Offline coolasice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:22 AM »

This is my "custom" milk crate rack and auger mount. Th entire contraption sits on the standard Ski Doo rack the machine came with. Five milk crates are bolted together, the auger rack is repurposed 3/4" plywood shelving. The tipup basket is attached by the shoulder straps to a piece of 1x3 fir bolted to a milk crate. This setup works on an ATV with a metal rack as well. Four U brackets hold it all in place, five minutes to remove it.
Where does your passenger sit?  I usually travel with the two of us on there.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2020, 08:17 AM »

The rack is behind the 2-up seat, this picture might give a better perspective.

Offline coolasice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2020, 07:10 PM »

The rack is behind the 2-up seat, this picture might give a better perspective.
Ah yea, i can see it now.. sled is longer then mine, i don't have as much real estate behind the passenger seat.

Offline Old Yellaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2020, 07:22 AM »
You have a Jiffy auger there... were you worried about hurting the tree?  (jokes!!)

No worries for that had it for 30 years just changed the scraper two years ago.  lol lol

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2020, 10:14 AM »
I built a box that carries my chisel on one side and the auger on another:

Pretty slick it goes right into my Ski Doo Linq quick release mounts.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2020, 11:41 PM »
Nice looking set up.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2020, 05:48 PM »