Author Topic: ice mini bike  (Read 4089 times)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
ice mini bike
« on: Jan 15, 2018, 04:40 PM »
well its finally ready to go.its redneck but beats walking.need to get a milk crate mounted and thought  about mounting my lowrance 3x on it via ram mount.250 kold kutter ice racing screws in each tire and a aluminum hand dolly for a hitch mount.kept the handles on it for a hand auger mount or my buddies can help me get it unstuck.lol.head light works ok and I took the cheesy fake gas tank off and want to get little waterproof saddle bags for tools,starting fluid and such.it starts in the coldest weather after sitting for days so its a good winter beater.its been sitting around forever so might  as well put it to work.ive only got about 140 bucks invested in the whole thing.easy to load on my hitch cargo carrier or truck and still have room for gear

luv2fish2

Re: mini ice bike
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:01 PM »
cool i have long thought about such a beast let us know how it works out  ;D

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: mini ice bike
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2018, 05:11 PM »
I haven't dragged anything yet but tried it on my pond.it handles like its on pavement on ice with about 4 inches of snow.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

Re: ice mini bike
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:25 PM »
Is this the way we act when 'cabin fever' starts to set in ?

It does look good thou

Good Luck with it
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2018, 01:11 PM »
Looks great... I will be curious how it works out for you.  I have that exact minibike.  One winter I got it out after a snowfall and couldn't hardly keep it upright in the yard in the snow.  I would guess we had 2-4" of snow at the time.  I hope it's easier to ride in slick conditions then my experience.  I will have to try again when we get more snow and see how it handles.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2018, 01:33 PM »
Looks great... I will be curious how it works out for you.  I have that exact minibike.  One winter I got it out after a snowfall and couldn't hardly keep it upright in the yard in the snow.  I would guess we had 2-4" of snow at the time.  I hope it's easier to ride in slick conditions then my experience.  I will have to try again when we get more snow and see how it handles.
ive got 250 kold cutter ice racing screws in each tire can literally do wheelies on glare ice.i wont take it in real deep snow but will easily go thru 6 inches or more.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2018, 02:10 PM »
Nice job Doc! Look...it's even got an eye bolt for the tow rope on my flip!  :o ;D
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2018, 02:35 PM »
Nice job Doc! Look...it's even got an eye bolt for the tow rope on my flip!  :o ;D
its to hook up my shappell tow hitch bar on my shack,your gear can be pulled tandem..if a rope was attached to it when i stop your geAr will keep going right into the tire and could shred on the sharp studs.so i hook up first sled with a solid hitch bar..all the rest can be rope.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2018, 02:41 PM »

Nice rig 👍🏻

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2018, 03:32 PM »
its to hook up my shappell tow hitch bar on my shack,your gear can be pulled tandem..if a rope was attached to it when i stop your geAr will keep going right into the tire and could shred on the sharp studs.so i hook up first sled with a solid hitch bar..all the rest can be rope.

:thumbsup:
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2018, 05:56 PM »
Curious, do u need a registration or orv sticker for that rig ??

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2018, 06:42 PM »
Orv sticker.

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 24, 2018, 07:56 PM »
Probably not a good idea to bring it to Ontario if you plan on coming here.
It would be a magnet for LEO attention.
Here they would be looking for ownership papers, off road plate/sticker and valid insurance.
As they are not commonly seen on Ontario lakes it would be an excuse to check you out.
Same applies to 3 wheelers.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline Rex in OTZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Oct 24, 2018, 08:15 PM »
I welded a 3/4" stub toba piece of angle iron.
To make a Schwinn bike trailer type hitch and hose clamped and addel clamped it to my bike frame.
Works great and easy to unhitch.
And my bike hitch is low key and not permanant but is rock solid.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:21 AM »
Going to get the new orv sticker soon.kind of sucks to have to buy one and only use it jan/feb then it expires in march.at least it will be stuck on there for months..lol.last year i paid 24 dollars in january.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.