The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hurrican Sandy  (Read 590 times)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Hurrican Sandy
« on: Oct 27, 2012, 07:28 PM »
It looks like we're in the crosshairs for Sandy and they're saying it's going to be real bad.  Good luck everyone, I hope we all ride out the storm without any major problems.  I'll post how we make out with the storm here in Gouldsboro after it's over. 

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
Re: Hurrican Sandy
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2012, 12:50 AM »
Best of luck to everyone.  Stay Safe!  Hope the predictions are worse than the outcome.

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2012, 12:19 PM »
Yup, looks like it's going to get ugly.................. remember, the Mr Heater you use for ice fishing makes a fine emergency heater.

Stay safe...........
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2012, 12:30 PM »
Im up in the Rochester, NY area and they are saying were gona get hit as well but i doubt it will be as bad as what you guys are going to experience. I hope that you guys all safely ride out the storm without issues. Be sure to stock up on gallons of water and canned foods, extra candles, flashlights and batteries never hurt either. Be safe fellas!

Offline danceswmuskys

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat more sea kittens. It's what's for supper.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2012, 01:04 PM »
i saw a good sized group of power company trucks going east on 80. Hope it fizzles down before it hits, Batten down the hatches and hang on and good luck to all.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2012, 01:37 PM »
the weather forecasters really have everyone in a panic,was at walmart and it was packed with people buying supplys for the storm,I cant believe there are so many people that are unprepared,in my house we are allways ready for a few days of no power all the time,I have lanterns stoves and heaters ready to go in a moments notice if needed I think everyone should have the basic items all the time so the question is how ready are you. hope everybody makes out ok and dont forget the sump pump if you use one.after the flooding we had in the area last year I hope all are spared from damage  good luck

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2012, 02:43 AM »
So far so good.  We didn't get as much rain as they were calling for, at least not yet.  The only problem we have now is the high winds, down trees, and power outages.  We had power until 1240AM but on the bright side there are lots of electric company repair crews from here and other states here so hopefully we won't be out of power long.  I don't mind being without lights but hate loosing a fridge full of food.  Keeping my fingers crosses.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2012, 08:19 PM »
with the deep snow in the mountains might get early ice out of it, bet high point or deep creek cools off fast and the deep snow acts as a fridge  hopin and prayin
GOD BLESS YOU
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Right now at my apartment it's 38 degrees at 820PM.  From the weather it's looking like Sandy sent us some decently cold nights for the near future.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.