The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hamburg PA  (Read 3002 times)

Offline fishing455

• IceShanty Rookie
Hamburg PA
« on: Oct 07, 2012, 08:37 AM »
Hit heaven on the hill today. They have 4 Clam flip overs on display and some augers, jigs, tip-ups. Strikemaster appears to have a new hand auger that sells for $169? They assured me more stuff will be there very soon!  Getting the itch.

Offline Artjr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hamburg PA
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2012, 11:31 AM »
Is that a powered auger? if so a good price.
Take your kids hunting and fishing and you won't have to hunt for your kids.

Offline fishing455

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2012, 01:04 PM »
No, it was a high quality hand auger.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Have any Clam popup shelters? I want to pick up one of the Bigfoot XL4000T pop ups this year.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2012, 06:00 PM »
I hope they get more stuff for us, it seems like they keep adding slowly as the years pass.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2012, 07:07 PM »
Seems to me that the Hamburg store had more ice stuff years ago. They had more shanties for sure. I have been going up there many times a year since the store opened.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2012, 01:51 PM »
I've never been to the store to get any ice fishing stuff, just ordered my stuff off the website so I'm not sure what is or isn't in the store.  I know in the catalogs over the years there's be one or two pages of ice fishing stuff which makes me think they don't really care about ice fishermen.

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T7 Custom Rods, CatchEmAll Custom jigs
« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2012, 02:38 PM »
I bought my Jiffy Pro 4 and my Clam Icearmor Blue suit there last year at the end of October. They had about 2 isles of ice fishing gear rods, jigs , ext then off to the side wall by the tanks twards the trout stuff the had the  augers , sleds, and flashers. Didnt see any shelters then, really no room for them at that time. At that time a guy could have bought everything needed to go out on the ice and fish W/O a shelter. I would have bought more but I allready got the " are you serious " look from my wife when i dropped 700 plus dollars on those 2 things, lol. ;D
Be safe & Tight lines...........Wiley

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2012, 05:15 PM »
Where is this place in Hamburg?? I have a Rover 1.0 I want to get rid of, used 3X  $125 takes it, Call 570-467-3159  Its very light but I am disabled a bit and its hards for me to load and un-load so I will be going very light if I get out at all, recovering from back surgery now and will get my knee done next

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2012, 05:17 PM »
I get it, place on a hill, I know what you are talking about now

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Cabela's

Offline johnny sakko

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2012, 08:17 PM »
They don't have nearly the Ice fishing equipment and gear they did when they first opened. Heck that goes for a lot of things there anymore.  They usually tell you if we don't have it order it on-line or from the catalog.  Shame too, I thought they were "The World's Foremost Outfitter".  False advertising if you ask me...

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2012, 03:05 AM »
I can't speak for the in store ice fishing selection since I never went there to buy anything and all my purchases were done online but I can tell you their fine gun room is a big disappointment.  Top prices for guns that are in midgrade condition just because of the manufacturer's names.  Don't get me wrong some are worth it but others are just way over priced and are in ok to poor condition an example would be a Belgium Browning Auto 5 with rust on the barrel and receive and a chipped toe of the buttstock for $800, sorry not on their best day and my dumbest moment.  It should be a crime for what people do to guns. 

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2012, 10:42 AM »
Never bought a firearm from Cabelas and most likely never will. I can get better prices at some of my local shops and do not have to deal with a zoo. Same goes for reloading components, better prices at local shops and online with no zoo. I basically only buy certain things from them.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2012, 06:57 PM »
I've bought guns at Cabella's in the past, all used ones though.  When it comes to used guns they do have a nice selection but the down side is most of them are beat and over priced.  It's like anything else some times you get a deal and some times you don't.  When it comes to my reloading stuff I buy 99% from MidwayUSA, never had a problem,  great people to deal with, and good prices.  No matter what I'm buying I shop around. 

Offline Fishbreath

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 11, 2012, 09:59 AM »
Never bought a firearm from Cabelas and most likely never will. I can get better prices at some of my local shops and do not have to deal with a zoo. Same goes for reloading components, better prices at local shops and online with no zoo. I basically only buy certain things from them.

Zoo is right, I agree local shops are better
My wife is a widow during ice season.
ice shanty #53
VBA #299
retirement is't all its cracked up to be.................... ............its better

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2012, 09:45 PM »
I think it depends on what you're looking for.  In the new department the local stores win hands down.  When it comes to used you can't count out Cabela's because they have much more of an oportunity to get in used guns with all their stores opposed to a local store that has only one location.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 13, 2012, 09:37 PM »
I always figured Cabela's does not ship around used guns, what is in the store was most likely traded there. But who knows. Cabela's sells a lot of used guns at new prices so it would have to be a rare gun for me to even consider it. Gunbroker, online forums or online gun shops are my preference over anything Cabela's. For those that have points to use though I can see buying a gun from them I guess.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Oct 14, 2012, 07:32 AM »
Cabella's does ship guns from store to store and if you find one on the website you want they will bring it into the store for you and waive the fee if you buy the gun.  I've also bought off of gunbroker but have to be careful there just like anywhere else.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Oct 16, 2012, 03:52 PM »
Stopped by today to check out the ice stuff since I was up in Hamburg anyway. Look like they have about everything out when comparing to the last few years.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Oct 16, 2012, 08:16 PM »
How is their selection?

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2012, 08:42 PM »
Selection is not that bad. They have some new stuff that just came out this years like jigs, spoons, line and etc. A fair amount of shelters and augers as well.  Only bought some line and some jigs. Six of the jigs I bought were the new Northland Tungsten Fire Ball jigs. I would avoid buying them, the hooks were dull as dull can be on every one of them. There are far better tungsten jigs on the market for the same or less money.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:56 AM »
all gun stores are the same. high priced used guns.but if you go to sell or trade a used gun they give you nothing.and then sell it for twice what they give you for it.best place to buy a used gun is at a bar.i have gotton some great deals on guns at a bar room.some poor guy down on his luck will sell you his prized deer rifle for 200 bucks.and all the amo he has for it.you might feel bad but,the guy needs the money.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Oct 18, 2012, 08:36 PM »
If you want to get ripped off go to Greed (Gander) Mountain.  I saw a guy walk in with an original Southgate Weatherby with a 3x9 Weatherby Supreme scope, both were in 95% condition not knowing he was going to sell it.  About 10 minutes later I saw the guy walking out and asked him what was wrong with his rifle and he said nothing just had to see it because of having tough times, then he told me they gave him $300.  I felt so bad for this guy because they screwed him hard, the gun was worth $1,000 on a bad day.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Oct 19, 2012, 07:52 AM »
chris. i hate to buy anything at gander mountain.they rob you blind.the gun prices stink.like you and i said[.TOO BAD SUGARMANS CLOSED.....]last year gander had a nice selection of ice fishing gear.but not many good jigs and spoons.that new sportsman outlet on 315 is a big joke.wallmart has the same junk at a better price.if they put a store up like that they should invest in a big selection of gear.the best is wallmart is right next to them.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:50 PM »
Chez, I agree with you totally about Greed (Gander) Mountain.  They are CRAZY on their prices for everything especially ammunition and reloading stuff.  There's no way in hell a box of 50 rounds of .45 Long Colt - 250 grain lead round nose, is worth $60.  I've bought a few guns there but they were the few and far good deals.  I miss Sugarman's big time, they were the original version of Walmart but Sugarman's had great stuff and prices.  I get most of my stuff for ice fishing and hunting gear that I buy locally at the Hunter's Gallery in Hamlin.  They have a good selection and prices along with will order stuff for you. 

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Oct 20, 2012, 05:46 PM »
i wasnt at hunters gallery in 10 years or better.i remember when it was in hamlin right before the corners,it burned down i think?i did a lot of rabbit hunting in and around hamlin back then.then they put in that strip mall and ruined everything,they use to stalk pheasants in and around that area.the new store always had a nice selections of guns if i remember right.i think someone capped theirself in there a few years ago.i got to hit that store.about a half hour from my house.not bad.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Oct 21, 2012, 12:07 AM »
Now it's behind Shaffer's hardware on 348 at 590.  They do have a pretty good selection of suff for fishing and hunting and are nice people to deal with.

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Nov 05, 2012, 09:13 AM »
Headed down tonight, gotta pick up some steelhead fly gear, gonna take a gander at the ice gear that's out, will report back.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline bmxrider11976

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Nov 06, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Headed down tonight, gotta pick up some steelhead fly gear, gonna take a gander at the ice gear that's out, will report back.

What's the word JP? lookin to head up there in two weeks to replenish some supplies. thanks  :tipup: :tipup:
USE A BOBBER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.