The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Just checkin  (Read 6521 times)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Just checkin
« Reply #60 on: Oct 15, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Chez, last year the dam had 7 inches at most but the year before it has 24.  I'm hoping, praying, and doing the ice dance for another 24+ inches of ice this year.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Oct 16, 2012, 07:45 AM »
i hear you chris.2 years ago march 18 i was on prompton .it still had close to 20" of ice.it was a great day.filled a half bucket with decent gills[not slammers but nice eaters]3 decent bass and a eye right before dark 22"the one bass was shy of 5#.marc was always a good month for bass on the ice .if you got the ice.lol

Offline Mohawk78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Oct 16, 2012, 08:53 AM »
Just checking in. Hope the ice is better this year. Something gotta give

Offline MO FISH jr.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Oct 16, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Checkin in hopin everybody gets to get out this year

Offline chicknwsl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Oct 17, 2012, 08:30 AM »
Where is the get together this year? Tioga County?

Offline Ole Sam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Oct 17, 2012, 11:32 AM »
Ate the last perch fillets out of the freezer last night.  Figured it was time to check in; wanna be on the hard water before this year's license runs out!
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

Offline markk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Oct 18, 2012, 05:45 AM »
Hi all,
This is my first post.  Just got registered after lurking for two years.  I started ice fishing two years ago and then didn't get to go at all last year.  Have only fished on Dunlap, High Point, and Deep Creek, MD so far.  Absolutely love it.  Hope to travel to Pymatuming, Presque Isle and Lake Chatauqua, NY this winter.  Have been checking over equipment and deciding what additional stuff I need for this year.  I have my fingers crossed that we get a very cold winter.  I am from SW PA and just wondering if anybody else on here is from the area.  Hope to be able to add to the discussions this year. 

Markk

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T7 Custom Rods, CatchEmAll Custom jigs
« Reply #67 on: Oct 18, 2012, 06:12 AM »
Welcome Markk, Good to have ya, great bunch of guys and a great site here. I wanna try Presque Isle too this year, its a 4 hour drive but I wanna try it atleast one in my life. If ya go maybee some of us can head out together......Wiley
Be safe & Tight lines...........Wiley

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:49 AM »
welcome MARK K.this is a great site.hopefully we all get out a lot more this year.keep your fingers crossed.i would love to get out right after deer season.great time for perch.

Offline fishinpreacher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Oct 18, 2012, 09:30 AM »
Hello Markk, like you I just started ice fishing a couple of years ago, but I have quickly become addicted! I live in Turtle Creek (between Pittsburgh and Monroeville) and plan on heading up to fish Pyme and PI bay every chance I get this year. Shoot me a pm sometime and we can maybe ride together & share gas & bait costs. Also I'd like to try some of the Lakes in your area too so maybe we can meet up down there sometime.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #70 on: Oct 18, 2012, 01:40 PM »
markk welcome aboard cranberry glade freezes fast, @)  its shallow and weedy  hope you get on soon
GOD BLESS YOU
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Oct 18, 2012, 01:49 PM »
Hey Chicknwsl, I haven't heard anything bout the get together this year yet. last year the last I heard is that maybee have it up north like Hillscreek or some place like that. Coolj i guess usually puts them together and I haven't seen him on yet. You have your gear all ready yet? Ive been ready now for about a month now, lol!

Offline TIME2FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Oct 18, 2012, 02:25 PM »
Checking in first time this season. Just saw an article on why last season was so bad. It said we had the hottest temperatures for the first nine months on record, across the U.S. this year. Here's hoping we get a cold winter to make up for it.

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Mark Twain

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #73 on: Oct 18, 2012, 03:09 PM »
welcome aboard markk, theres a lot of great people on here you can meet up with. The colder it gets more and more people will start to check in again on the shanty. Lets hope for some ice this year, im going to have to get my fix for two years this winter to make up for last year

Offline markk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Oct 18, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies fellas.  I will be checking in often and when we get some ice will cerrtainly let folks know where I am going.  Would really enjoy meeting up and doing some fishing with you guys. 
Markk

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Oct 25, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Well I've usually found that when we have a mild winter, the next winter isn't so mild, and vice versa. In 2010-2011, it was one of the best ice years ever for me, was ice fishing a week before christmas, all the way to late March, then, last winter, had ONE of my local lakes actually get sustained safe ice, for barely a month.. All the forecasts I've heard for this winter are calling for above average snowfall, and colder than normal temperatures.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Oct 25, 2012, 03:42 PM »
Thanks for the replies fellas.  I will be checking in often and when we get some ice will cerrtainly let folks know where I am going.  Would really enjoy meeting up and doing some fishing with you guys. 
Markk

Where you from Mark  ??   Not required, but it is nice to have location filled out on your profile.. even a general location..

Offline markk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Oct 25, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Hey Beever,
Thanks for the heads up on the profile.  I went ahead and added my location.  I am from Uniontown in the SW part of PA.
Markk

Offline chicknwsl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Oct 27, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Not ready yet... bought a flasher and some jigs...

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #79 on: Oct 27, 2012, 08:44 PM »
Well I've usually found that when we have a mild winter, the next winter isn't so mild, and vice versa. In 2010-2011, it was one of the best ice years ever for me, was ice fishing a week before christmas, all the way to late March, then, last winter, had ONE of my local lakes actually get sustained safe ice, for barely a month.. All the forecasts I've heard for this winter are calling for above average snowfall, and colder than normal temperatures.

I also heard this winter is supposed to be cold and snowy.  I sure hope it's right since last year was so bad.  The year before we had good ice all the way until April and the most ice we had was 24 inches.  I sure hope this year is that way. 

Mark, welcome to the site.  Lots of great people here who are willing to help and give good sound advice. 

I put up a post about a get together titled NEPA get together.  So far no one has commented but some have read it.  It would be nice to have one kinda close with the crazy prices of gas.  If anyone has any suggestions or interest please post there.  I never set one up before and thought I'd put up the post to see if anyone is interested.

Offline ice4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Nov 01, 2012, 11:30 PM »
Checkin in boys!!! Im so pumped for this year!! Cant wait to get on some ice its killin me. I keep dreamin of flags flyin high lol

Hey Chris.. Does not sound like a bad idea at all! Would be nice to meet you guys. Bout a 2 hour distance is good for me!!  ;D ;D Hopefully it will be ok with my schedule.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #81 on: Nov 01, 2012, 11:40 PM »
Welcome back Ice4life.  I think the more get togethers we have the more opportunities everyone will have to make at least one.  When you're going to go to Gouldsboro send me a private message a few days before hand and we'll see if I can meet you there.  I'm sure we'll have fun.

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
« Reply #82 on: Nov 04, 2012, 07:32 PM »
Here I am fellas!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #83 on: Nov 04, 2012, 08:00 PM »
I'm still here and right now it's 33 degrees here in the Gouldsboro area.   :tipup: :clap:  :thumbsup:

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Nov 05, 2012, 08:14 AM »
Heyas C J  welcome back  :tipup:

Offline Baxter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Nov 05, 2012, 04:03 PM »
I'm here too,been checking in the last few days.
HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Nov 06, 2012, 07:57 AM »
19 Deg here in Pennsdale this mornin boys....here it comes !!!!!! :thumbsup:

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #87 on: Nov 06, 2012, 09:21 AM »
Saw skim ice over a puddle this morning!!!! It's on it's way  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Nov 06, 2012, 05:42 PM »
we get done with this hunting season and i'll be ready

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #89 on: Nov 06, 2012, 07:21 PM »
I'm ready now and want to be able to go the day after deer season, at least that's my hope.  I saw skim ice on two big ponds and on parts of a lake by my house this morning.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.