New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Who Is ready for trolling season to start??  (Read 3460 times)

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Who Is ready for trolling season to start??
« Reply #60 on: Mar 15, 2014, 08:22 PM »
I love my lead core !!!!but I love my ice fishing!!!last name is fisher got to live up to it!!!!!

Offline Bjigging

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Mar 21, 2014, 08:58 AM »
I am thinking I am Gona try trolling for the stripers on the Hudson this spring!  If anyone has any tips they are willing to share feel free to pm me! This is the first time trying to troll foe them!!   Thanks in advance!!

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • cooler than a mentholated snowball!!!
« Reply #62 on: Mar 21, 2014, 03:48 PM »
Icefishing is awesome and so is trolling.I used to own a 24ft Hardtop Thompson out of Sandy Pond..The "Oxford Bunch" and we used to hammer the King Salmon daily with meat rigs.1st it was squids and dodgers then Jplugs Northern King Magnums and NK-28's..black and purple and green glow were my "go to" lures.Now its e-chip and Atomik flies and it will change again.I love to troll and miss those days of that rod slamming the back of the boat and not even truely releasing.We used to fish for the bullheads at night when we fished for Browns during the day.Used to take several Waldos in the 10 plus poundage fishing for Browns with Smithwick Rogues and Little Cleo's.Our boat records as follows..27lb Brown Trout caught Memorial Day weekend in 1998..20lb Steelhead in Oct of 08 and a 39lb Chinook forget when and a few hog mud chickens....we cranked up the speed and no more mud chickens...Cannot tell you how many bullheads,eels,and Bowfins we caught.Occasional white perch and crappies when the water was up.Coolers full of bullheads..too much fun.Sold our camp on Greene Point a few years ago.Biggest mistake we ever made!
Please Mother Nature,not this year too???

Offline Bjigging

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Apr 09, 2014, 07:35 PM »
Boat is all ready!!!  going after browns on lake Ontario Saturday out of Mexico or Oswego who ever has docks in and can't wait!!!!

FrankM

« Reply #64 on: Apr 10, 2014, 11:29 AM »
I troll year round but in the open water months I like to use my boat to slowly pull Rapalas and worm harnesses and the like thru the water to entice the elusive walleye.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #65 on: Apr 10, 2014, 04:16 PM »

I don't have the boat out of storage but only takes about 1.5 hours to get all rigged , I like all different methods of fishing ,I like to be able to to do a little of everything , depending what is working , on a day by day basis , but I do spend most of my time on eyes 

Offline Bjigging

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Apr 11, 2014, 05:25 AM »
They put the center dock in at the Mexico launch!! I hear that the bay is polluted with brown trout so we will be there Saturday to help clean them up!! Lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.