Author Topic: Harford County Crappie Fishing  (Read 2115 times)

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
Harford County Crappie Fishing
« on: Jan 03, 2017, 06:11 PM »
This is my first winter in Maryland and  have came to accept the fact that there will probably be no safe ice in my area. So instead I guess I will have to pursue to them from shore, but I'm still learning the area. Does anyone have some tips on a place to catch a good amount of crappie, perch, etc in Harford or the surrounding counties? So far I've fished below the conowingo and off a few docks in Havre de Grace and Edgewood but I'm looking for a place much more reliable, like the honey holes I have back home. Anyone know anything about Joppatown Quarry? I appreciate the info, its harder than I thought to learn how to fish a new area so any bit of help is appreciated

Offline Natefisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Harford County Crappie Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2017, 09:10 AM »
Best thing to do is look for deep structure and narrow down your search as,u learn what they are schooled up on this time of year is very touch and go with then
Being a river rat is fun when you have grown up fishing most of your life

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2017, 09:17 PM »
Thanks Nate! any piers or streams you could suggest? I've struck out everywhere I've gone so far

Offline shaddydan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2017, 02:57 PM »
Lots of spots around Conowingo lake
Does it involve catching fish?  I'm in!

Offline Flying Frenchman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2017, 01:24 PM »
I fish J-town/Rumsey island and sometimes the quarry.  It is fairly dependable for crappie and other species in winter....however the recent fish kill involved that area, as I hear.  Another spot is Martin Lagoon, but to my dismay the entire cove is being dredged and closed.PCB's What can I say! Sad.

Broad creek is your best bet for Conowingo Crappie in winter, They improved the ramp there a bit, also.  All of these spots can freeze in a good year and are fished. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.