Author Topic: [2018 Ice Fishing Picture/Story Contest]  (Read 7786 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
[2018 Ice Fishing Picture/Story Contest]
« on: Sep 10, 2018, 07:45 AM »
What a hot humid summer we have had! Never fear fall is near and the pre ice fishing thoughts are on the brain! Dig up your most awesome ice fishing picture from last season and post it here on this thread. Please add a little text or story about the photo. *This will be included in the judging. On December 3rd 2018 I'll select the top ten... which will then be voted on by the membership to determine the top 3 winners of the spoon/beanie prize pack. 

Prizes

Top 10 I select will win a 3 month militia trial package.

Top 3 that are voted win a 6 pack of Custom Jigs and Spins Slender Spoons, a Team Iceshanty Beanie Cap and some stickers from the  Team Iceshanty Proshop

Rules
Post only one image entry per member.
Post only a photo of your own.
Contest entry period ends December 3 2018

Let's see some photos of the hardwater!
Good Luck!  :tipup:

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: [2018 Ice Fishing Picture/Story Contest]
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2018, 08:46 AM »
My 6 yr old grandson. first time out on the ice. dressed him up warm and got him out there. Thought it was a riot sliding and falling on the ice. he can't wait to get back out there. No fish, still had a ball. He was so upset that he lost one of his new gloves. Had to go to WalMart to get a replacement pr. A new Ice fisherman was born that day!

Offline Leather

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LEATHERWOOD OUTDOORS YOUTUBE VIDEOS!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2018, 08:59 AM »
At an ice fishing tournament in Erie Pennsylvania for panfish, I caught my first steelhead ever and it took second place in last seasons Iceshanty Online Tournament! It almost didn't fit through the hole!  Also, the winners of the tournament was a father and son team and it was their first time ever fishing in a tournament.  They ended up taking home $1000! It was awesome to see a young kid and his father enjoying the ice season together and now they are hooked!  The video of the tournament is on youtube.

Offline littlepineguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2018, 10:45 AM »
First ice in northern MN last November, and among a few smaller fish, my buddy ended up catching a thick 25" walleye. The ice and water were so clear we watched the fish for the last 10-15 feet of the fight, really a neat way to start the season.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2018, 12:06 PM »
Here’s a picture from my trip to Hubbard Lake in Michigan late last year. We got skunked for the day and half that we got to fish. We had a great time on the ice though doing our best to try to find some fish.

Offline LureNFlyGuy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2018, 12:28 PM »
Early season, high valley lakes with my daughter, and life long fishing partner, Julieanne. 
We wish everyone good luck, safe ice, and great memories in the upcoming season!

DeWeese Reservoir
Custer County, Colorado
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2018, 12:31 PM »

That was my first fish on a tipup. I had had these things in my garage for at least 20 years. I finally decided to try them out. I bought some #20 flourocarbon and some chubs and gave it a shot. I was in shock when I looked out the window and a flag was up! And the handle was spinning! It wasn't very big but that fish turned me into a diehard tipup guy. Now I have #80 flourocarbon and I'm gonna set my bait tank back up this winter. Here fishy fishy.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline majic0135

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2018, 02:57 PM »
When the fish are not biting out ice fishing in South Dakota can always put a smile on your face with a potato chip bag,,,

majic

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2018, 03:54 PM »
Night fishing for Burbot on Flaming Gorge reservoir Jan 2018, beautiful full moon no wind and lots of bells ringing with glow lights bouncing. Doesnt get any better

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #9 on: Sep 12, 2018, 12:35 AM »
When you have the tip-up set up all day and when you're packing, you realized you had a catfish on it for lord knows how long lol

Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2018, 05:20 PM »
Earliest I’ve ever been on the ice November 18th 2017, also my father’s 58th birthday and my niece was born later that afternoon. And here I am out on the ice, with walleyes on my mind and on my line.

Offline fireplug

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2018, 05:44 PM »

My 7 year old daughter got to finally go ice fishing with me this past year. She jigged up this little bluegill all by herself on her first trip, and I was not able to go ice fishing by myself after that.  Now I have her and her 9 year old brother along for all my trips.
"Most men, regardless of cause or need, blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't."
John Wayne from "The Shootist"

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2018, 05:21 PM »

My 7 year old daughter got to finally go ice fishing with me this past year. She jigged up this little bluegill all by herself on her first trip, and I was not able to go ice fishing by myself after that.  Now I have her and her 9 year old brother along for all my trips.
Pay it forward, take a kid fishing!!!!  ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline tunadawg71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2018, 05:53 AM »

According to the Chinese calendar, 2018 is the year of the dog. For me it was the year of the tiger muskie. Small lake we fish is polluted with them. Wasn't uncommon to land 3 or four of these a day.

Offline 49thStateFishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Sep 20, 2018, 11:08 PM »
My son and father in law pulled out so many land locked salmon we lost count.   Felt really special having 3 generations out on the ice together.   5 years old and he was dropping the line, setting the hook and reeling them in all by himself.   He landed as many as I did, he's hooked and now a fish kisser!

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Sep 23, 2018, 04:37 PM »
I finally thought I had a pattern down on the lake I was living on last winter so I went out about an hour before sunset to a spot I found some luck catching walleye at around sun down. I fished till about 15min after sunset with out marking any fish, and was getting ready to call it a night and rethink my "pattern". I was jigging with 2 rods, one with a small hard body rattle bait which I didnt have much confidence in and the other happend to have a slender spoon on it(one of my favorite lures!). So right before I started packing up I saw a big mark come up and I held the rattle bait still and was working the spoon assuming thats what the fish was looking at. all of a sudden I get a big hit on my other rod and it almost pulled it from my hand. I dropped my rod with the slender spoon and set the hook. I immediately knew I had something big and thought it was either a smallmouth or a big pike. after a great fight this chunky girl popped her head up my hole! She and I had a quick photo shoot and I gave her a kiss and sent her home. I then went on to catch three more perfect eater size walleye in the next 10 minutes and walked home as happy as can be.

Also just for the record december 3rd is my birthday, just sayin  ::)

Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
« Reply #16 on: Sep 24, 2018, 01:30 PM »
Cascade Lake, Going for the Jumbos. "This is what true peace and serenity looks like."

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Sep 25, 2018, 05:12 AM »
My last trip on the ice last season was with my youth group kids. This is my buddy Eric. He loves being outdoors and loves to ice fish. The bite was tough that day but we had a great time. God painted the sky as the sun came up and we caught enough to keep us busy for the afternoon.

Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #18 on: Sep 29, 2018, 09:45 AM »

First time at this lake last year for the jumbo perch and it was a blast fishing up there hoping to get back there again.

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Oct 01, 2018, 02:44 PM »
It was easy to post pics last year with post image. Not now. What happens to us tech cavemen?
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Oct 02, 2018, 09:03 PM »
This pic is the first taken with my new drone this past March.
360 degree panoramic shot of my lake at my cabin.   ;D

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #21 on: Oct 04, 2018, 05:13 PM »

Natures stained glass.
A great day of catching jumbos with friends I haven't seen in years, followed by a great sunset and...more catching. Never ceases to amaze me how a sunset can fix a lot of things.

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Oct 11, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Great pictures!!!!
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #23 on: Oct 12, 2018, 04:24 PM »
For me, my highlight from the last ice fishing season was icing my largest fish to date, this Northern Pike. @)

It was even better that this big girl hit one of my homemade loop rigs.
I sent her on her way after a couple photos and measurement.

She was 45" long and 26 lbs, and, one fish I will not forget.
It was great that my family and friends were there to share in the excitement, with this fish, and all season long. ;D

WW
Looking for that BIG BITE!

Offline Fishermanmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Oct 14, 2018, 08:04 AM »

First time on this glacier carved lake which is just a quiet hidden gem in my area known to produce quality fish. I studied the lake map and a buddy and I decided on this spot as soon as we dropped the vex the screen was stacked with red. We were fishing 46fow and these guys were stacked from 30ish feet to 20 feet. First drop down and I pulled up this 14" hog dog! That whole day was a major highlight of last ice season.
Hook em
      &
Cook em

Offline happyheber

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #25 on: Oct 20, 2018, 12:25 AM »
Echo Resevior. With my son and his brother-in-law and father-in -law. Us Harwards showing the Neilsens how to rock them. P.S. look for Echo to be hot Ice Fishing, Perch, Trout, and Crappie.

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #26 on: Oct 20, 2018, 11:42 AM »
This picture was from one of my first trips last season. Its my favorite spot to fish. This picture is another reminder why I enjoy this spot and enjoy ice fishing so much. Had the whole bay to myself very peaceful!

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Oct 21, 2018, 09:20 PM »
My favorite part of the winter is pulling up some beautiful crappie. Can not get any better than that!

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Oct 30, 2018, 12:38 PM »

My buddy caught this beautiful big northern on Fort Peck in Montana on February 25, 2018. The fishing was horribly slow most of the trip, but this big ole girl bit early one morning. She weighed 24.8lbs. after laying on the ice in the sun all morning. She's on his wall now.

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #29 on: Nov 02, 2018, 12:58 PM »

My son had just caught a pretty tiger trout and I had told him that they don't get much prettier than the one he caught.  A few minutes later I caught this one.  He had to admit that this one is even prettier.  What you can't see is my auger bit 30' below me.  It had come out of the adapter and sank to the bottom of the reservoir.   >:(

<{{{{°>
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.