The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Maybe......Just Maybe.....Ice?  (Read 1295 times)

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
Maybe......Just Maybe.....Ice?
« on: Nov 20, 2013, 09:52 PM »
I don't want to jinx the season or call the shot a bit early but it truly looks really promising here with the forecast the next ten days. Like enough coolness to get on some skinny water by the end of the predicted forecast if you know what I mean..... I am nowhere near ice mode but that can change with a few cold nights notice! We are due for a REAL winter this year!!! :o
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline buddlakemusky

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Maybe......Just Maybe.....Ice?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2013, 10:35 PM »
forecast is looking good, the lakes around here already had skim ice during the last cool down, I'm hoping this is it :tipup:

Offline waltergill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2013, 11:39 PM »
would be awesome to be on in December
That's a wopper!!!

I'ts huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2013, 05:55 AM »
so what are you saying swampbuckster its time to put the boats away.haha.be nice to be out on the ice in early December instead of steelheading into February.

Offline michiganice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2013, 07:26 AM »
Bird bath in the back yard had skim ice.   ;D

Offline bigbuckmiddaugh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2013, 11:08 AM »
yeah, it will be working hard making some. If we get on before christmas, thats pretty guud!
This cold snap, im working on getting stuff ready to roll. Still haven't got any LED's yet.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2013, 12:06 PM »
Lets hope it all goes as well as we anticipate!  Been seeing skim ice on the puddles and ponds but need a few colder, calmer nights.  Hopefully in a few weeks.

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2013, 01:46 PM »
Let's just hope all the precip we've had this year is over. Sure would be nice to get a bunch of hard stuff first ........

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2013, 03:56 PM »
The Earth goes through long cycles, we're slowly coming to the end of a warm one. Wasn't overly uncommon to be on the ice Thanksgiving weekend down here in the 60s-80s, PO'd duck hunters no end. Simply would settle for some consistent ice for an extended period of time. Going through the first ice/ice out cycle a few times a season over the past few years is getting old

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2013, 05:23 PM »
I'm ready for a normal season for sure. Last couple years have been rough!  I see some guys have a team mitten logo on their comments. Can anyone explain what this is?
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The second mouse gets the cheeze!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2013, 06:11 PM »
So ready for ice. I hope this year go's better then last.

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2013, 06:35 PM »
I am ready but being by Grand Rapids it might still be a while yet. Had a real good season last year, hit the ice A LOT and put a lot of fish in the freezer! Traveled quite a bit to quite a few lakes but it was well worth it!  :tipup:

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2013, 06:57 PM »
so what are you saying swampbuckster its time to put the boats away.haha.be nice to be out on the ice in early December instead of steelheading into February.
No no, Boats don't get put away! They are ready at a moments notice to hit the river!  But I wouldn't complain if the rivers had too much ice flows on them to get the boats wet. :)

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2013, 06:58 PM »
I am ready but being by Grand Rapids it might still be a while yet. Had a real good season last year, hit the ice A LOT and put a lot of fish in the freezer! Traveled quite a bit to quite a few lakes but it was well worth it!  :tipup:
I'm 2 hours south of you so you gotta have some faith!

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2013, 07:04 PM »
The Earth goes through long cycles, we're slowly coming to the end of a warm one. Wasn't overly uncommon to be on the ice Thanksgiving weekend down here in the 60s-80s, PO'd duck hunters no end. Simply would settle for some consistent ice for an extended period of time. Going through the first ice/ice out cycle a few times a season over the past few years is getting old
I would love to be locked out of places to duck hunt before the season ended!

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2013, 07:23 PM »
I'm 2 hours south of you so you gotta have some faith!
I keep forgetin' that you are two hours south of me swamp. You have renewed my faith!  :bow:

Offline buddlakemusky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2013, 11:29 PM »
all the forecasts look real good with light winds in the ten day, two weeks and its on here in northern clare county. believe

Offline stevenmang85

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bluegill?
« Reply #17 on: Nov 25, 2013, 07:19 PM »
All little ponds round these parts are locked up... Means big waters not to far away ;)
gilliams and smeltzillas

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish whispering since 1962
« Reply #18 on: Nov 25, 2013, 07:52 PM »
I'm just happy to see the board springing to life! I'm sayin' it's gonna be time in another week north of Clare.
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Offline BLUJBURD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Fish...Fish
« Reply #19 on: Nov 26, 2013, 12:33 PM »
I want to be wrong don't wanna be Benny Buzzkill, like Swift said I'm sick of the freeze thaw freeze thaw as we've had last few years past.  I'd love nothing more than to be on ice tomorrow its the inconsistancy that burns me.  I've looked at years past and we've had these spells this time of the year before just to be put out by high winds and rain weeks later.  So I say to you Swamp and my fellow ice shantians that can put on your floaties and get out asap and take plenty of pics.
I have a BS in Narrative Fishing History.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 26, 2013, 05:24 PM »
My dad said he saw someone shooting a puck around on a small pond here in SE michigan today :o :o :o

Even if we dont get early ice at least we are more on par for a good ice year.
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 26, 2013, 08:54 PM »
I want to be wrong don't wanna be Benny Buzzkill, like Swift said I'm sick of the freeze thaw freeze thaw as we've had last few years past.  I'd love nothing more than to be on ice tomorrow its the inconsistancy that burns me.  I've looked at years past and we've had these spells this time of the year before just to be put out by high winds and rain weeks later.  So I say to you Swamp and my fellow ice shantians that can put on your floaties and get out asap and take plenty of pics.
I hear ya and know what you mean. Why can't we just keep the temps steady from here to March. I see the warmup coming for next week. While it looks as though we'll be below freezing every night and the existing ice may stay, what's beyond the 10 day is what worries me.  I will take pics if I can get on for sure!

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 26, 2013, 09:00 PM »
My dad said he saw someone shooting a puck around on a small pond here in SE michigan today :o :o :o

Even if we dont get early ice at least we are more on par for a good ice year.
Wait... WHAT? Where at? Let's go beat him up and tell him to get off the ice with his skates and puck. He's scaring the fish! I did walk on the canal today but it's a tad bit iffy still, even for me. Which I would assume that means there is around an inch of ice right now. Saturday looks promising. Predictions of fishable ice by then are bright.  After that, it's back to wishing and hoping for below freezing temps again for us southern boys. :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.