Author Topic: Question about Clam Legend XL Thermal  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Fishdude

• IceShanty Rookie
Question about Clam Legend XL Thermal
« on: Jan 30, 2019, 06:55 PM »
Hi all purchased this Clam flip over a few months ago, I have used twice this year so far. I am not really sure about it's skin seems to not be tight on the frame (poles) causing low spots I have re- adjusted the skin and it seems it always ends up same way. It comes with a adjustable pole for the back end and that is it. It seems this flip over needs the Velcro moved on the skin to get the proper tightness or perhaps more adjustable poles for support. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Question about Clam Legend XL Thermal
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2019, 08:36 PM »
only thing I can think of would be to hook the tent to the poles as is but remove the u-channel that holds the tent to the tub. let the weight of the front pole (the one that touches the ice) pull the tent forward then re set the tent on the tub and reinstall the u- channel to hold the tent in place. the fabric of the tent will be a little loose to allow for the house to be folded shut and opened. use that bar in the back too because that will push the rest of the poles forward when the velcro is in place. this will tighten the fabric between the tub and the pole where that hooks on.  if all else fails call customer service at 1-800-ICE-FISH or email them at [email protected] ,include pics if emailing them so they can see what the issue may be. hope this might help.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Fishdude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2019, 12:28 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply, I will give it a try and report back. Thanks again.

Offline Fishdude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2019, 06:00 PM »
Thanks Monticatgeek for the input and your suggestions, I re-positioned the skin a couple of times till it fit better. No issues now hoping to get out this coming weekend. I would like to order a couple more of those adjustable bars though, would you know of a contact for Clamcorp in Canada. Thanks again. ;D

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2019, 11:17 PM »
Thanks Monticatgeek for the input and your suggestions, I re-positioned the skin a couple of times till it fit better. No issues now hoping to get out this coming weekend. I would like to order a couple more of those adjustable bars though, would you know of a contact for Clamcorp in Canada. Thanks again. ;D

there is no contact up in canada. you could how ever call 1-800-ice-fish or email customer service at : [email protected] and ask them if they could get you a quote as to how much shipping would be. just be advised shipping cost might be high do to being shipped international. they should be able to do a quote for you. I will send a copy of this thread to my customer service contact so he has a heads up that you might be contacting them about this.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2019, 04:33 PM »
 Monticatgeek, nice job on helping a guy out, lots of times someone does this and you never hear how it went.

Fishdude, Glad to hear you got your shack the way you wanted it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.