Author Topic: Daylight savings time bill for ice fishing  (Read 2630 times)

Offline bassin140

• IceShanty Rookie
Daylight savings time bill for ice fishing
« on: Jan 27, 2020, 06:50 PM »
The state of Illinois is one messed up state and the politicians can get little right. However I do feel like they got this bill right and it will positively effect my ice fishing (if we ever get a good ice season). Instead of it being dark a little before five now it will be more like 6 giving me one more hour of daylight to get out after work!!!

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Daylight savings time bill for ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2020, 11:38 AM »
agreed. i'm in total favor of this law for a myriad of reasons.  fishing time after work is def one of them. 

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2020, 01:23 PM »
Since y’all posted this, and so I don’t have to do a search. The state of Illinois is changing day light saving time to assist folks that ice fish?
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2020, 01:39 PM »
Never mind! Decided to check it out. The article I read referenced millennials and x geners? Oh well! I have never been particularly bothered by it. My wife on the other hand hates it! One thing I will mention is Iowa, and Indiana over to like the 80 MM are on the plan. Y’all have no idea how that interferes with product delivery schedules. Also the bill won’t really work unless the feds are on board? Happy you may get an extra hour of fishing time, but that is why artificial lights were invented. Just for that last hour to fish before you have to go home.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline IlliniIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2020, 02:40 PM »
i thought the bill's intent was so hunters could sleep in an hour  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.