Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Hamilton Lake

(1/1)

Letha_Face:
When you take Hamilton lake road on the way heading west to Norway that lake looks like a nice lake. Im just curious if anyone has fished it ice or open water and how it is. Any other info on the area would be helpfull to.

UP jigstick:
I fished once a couple of years ago, through the ice. Lots of bluegills, but on the small size though.

Duves:
My parents live on Hamilton Lakes, and i usually fish it on sundays throughout the winter.  Lots of small fish, not many keepers, unless you keep everything over 4 inches :-\

unkymer:
How about walleye? I've heard rumors off and on about a catchable population, but have yet to meet or talk to anyone who has caught any. Have you tried?

Duves:
I have tried during the summer to catch walleyes with no luck though over the years.  Every once and a while you will hear of someone catching a walleye but it's not a hot/consistently caught fish in there.  I have put small shiners out on tip ups for northerns usually and have not accidentally caught a walleye.  I'm not the most serious ice fisher though, it's more of something to do until the golf course opens back up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version