Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Chassell Bay Ice?

(1/1)

yoopr:
Has anyone been out on Chassell Bay yet? I live in the Keweenaw and haven't had a chance to go look.
Thanks, and happy fishing.

bawells013:
seen a fair number of popups and hard shacks out there yesterday when I drove by. Haven't had a chance to get out myself yet. Perhaps this weekend. How are things progressing up in the Keweenaw?

Dillyb123:

--- Quote from: yoopr on Jan 03, 2022, 08:57 PM ---Has anyone been out on Chassell Bay yet? I live in the Keweenaw and haven't had a chance to go look.
Thanks, and happy fishing.

--- End quote ---

It’s been slow for me out there. Some crappies have been caught, a lot of small perch and pike as well. Caught nothing bigger than 21” for pike this year from there

yoopr:

--- Quote from: bawells013 on Jan 04, 2022, 08:31 PM ---seen a fair number of popups and hard shacks out there yesterday when I drove by. Haven't had a chance to get out myself yet. Perhaps this weekend. How are things progressing up in the Keweenaw?

--- End quote ---
I've been so busy; I have not been on the ice yet this year. I was wondering about Chassell as it's my favorite spot to go, although often slushy.
Heading out this weekend with friends to give Rice Lake a try, it's fun with no size limit on Pike and lots to catch (only 1 fish over 24") Those smaller hammer handles make great pickled pike.
Good fishing!

yoopr:

--- Quote from: Dillyb123 on Jan 05, 2022, 09:14 PM ---
It’s been slow for me out there. Some crappies have been caught, a lot of small perch and pike as well. Caught nothing bigger than 21” for pike this year from there

--- End quote ---
Thank you for the reply, hope it picks up, seems like the ice was slow in forming this year, or maybe I'm impatient :)
See you on da ice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version