Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Ice fishing trash, litter.

<< < (4/4)

mr.clean:
Yoopr thank you for your kind words.
Snitch#8 good idea for Father's day.
Dr.Speckler I live in an apartment complex and see discarded masks and gloves along the complex's walkways. gets to me that some people do not even respect where they live.
Ice Dawg thank you for your story and disposing of the bagged trash. Like others have posted hopefully whomever bagged the trash was going to come back and pick up the bags.

Steve

ice dawg:

--- Quote from: mr.clean on Apr 08, 2021, 09:43 PM ---Yoopr thank you for your kind words.
Snitch#8 good idea for Father's day.
Dr.Speckler I live in an apartment complex and see discarded masks and gloves along the complex's walkways. gets to me that some people do not even respect where they live.
Ice Dawg thank you for your story and disposing of the bagged trash. Like others have posted hopefully whomever bagged the trash was going to come back and pick up the bags.

Steve

--- End quote ---
I was the only person in that campground and lots of people were backpacking in those days. I thought they probably were backpackers who cleaned the mess up and didn't want to pack it out with them. Instead of throwing my face masks out after a few uses I put them in my SoClean with my CPAP mask and sanitize them together. They can last for quite a while by doing this.

yoopr:

--- Quote from: skifisher on Apr 07, 2021, 01:04 PM ---In addition to the trash, remember used fishing line. There are several locations where there are line disposal stations for used line, but if not, it only takes a second to pick it up and put it in a pocket.
I carry a quart zip-lock bag especially for this purpose, and always seem to find some while ice or shoreline fishing, or have a “birds nest” or two. The baggie holds a lot of line, and is easily disposed of at the end of the day.

--- End quote ---

This is a good point, thanks for reminding us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version