Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Ice fishing trash, litter.

<< < (3/4) > >>

yoopr:

--- Quote from: DR.SPECKLER on Apr 04, 2021, 03:25 PM ---Yeah its trash ever year but now its evolved into masks and gloves laying on or by the lakes and rivers.

--- End quote ---

I have noticed those items as well. I am amazed by the shear volume of added trash, I hope by bringing it up in this forum, more people will be conscientious about how they dispose of items on the ice as well as on land. And I hope this encourages those who pick up trash to feel inspired to help. Your good deeds are noticed.

I have a small group of friends that even clean up fly tipping. We will all pitch in to dispose of items collected in the woods or by the side of the road.
Thanks to all who help !

yoopr:

--- Quote from: mr.clean on Apr 04, 2021, 01:07 PM ---Yoopr sadly the subject of trash seems to be mentioned here on ice Shanty yearly. Like others i always try to have a trash bag with me when on a fishing trip and send some time picking up any thing i see left by others. Thank you to everyone else who deos the same thing also a belated welcome to Ice Shanty.

Snitch#8 great story.

Steve

--- End quote ---
Steve,
I think if we all pitch in to keep our lakes, rivers and recreational places clean, we all benefit. Thank you for commenting, and thank you for pitching in.

skifisher:
In addition to the trash, remember used fishing line. There are several locations where there are line disposal stations for used line, but if not, it only takes a second to pick it up and put it in a pocket.
I carry a quart zip-lock bag especially for this purpose, and always seem to find some while ice or shoreline fishing, or have a “birds nest” or two. The baggie holds a lot of line, and is easily disposed of at the end of the day.

ice dawg:
Time of year doesn't  seem to matter. I was taking my Jeep back into a primitive campground in  Wyoming and there were signs saying "If you pack it in, pack it out". Someone had filled five paper grocery bags with trash, printed "PACK OUT YOUR TRASH" on the bags and left them by the side of the trail. I picked them up and took them out when I left. All these idiot do-gooders did was add five paper bags to the problem. Could be they were walking and  didn't want to carry five bags of trash out with them. At least I didn't have to bag the trash.

ice dawg:
Maybe they thought others couldn't read all the signs along the two mile long Jeep trail. This was during the days of "flower power", so they may have been smoking some really good stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version