Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Hardwater Cuisine

SLOPPY MUSHROOM SANDWICH

<< < (2/8) > >>

Snitch#8:
My wife has been making pretty much the same thing for about 35 years now.  Her's is different in that she uses a can of cream of mushroom and a can of cream of chicken, great stuff.  I like to make a couple pieces of rye toast and put the sloppy joe, a slice of cheese and thinly sliced onions on it.  Had that for supper plenty of times, lol.

smeltbuster:
Joe,sounds like another great recipe to try. Funny thing, while reading this; I'm munching on some slices of your "Venison logs" recipe. Good stuff !

Snitch#8:
I was telling my wife about your recipe and how it was "very" similar to hers, other then her adding the cream of chicken soup.  She promptly reminded me that she also adds a can of Chicken Gumbo, as well!  Sooooo I guess she puts three cans fo soup in hers; mushroom, cream of chicken and chicken gumbo.  After talking about it, she said, "sounds like supper tomorrow".

Rebelss:

--- Quote from: Snitch#8 on Dec 14, 2020, 10:20 AM ---I was telling my wife about your recipe and how it was "very" similar to hers, other then her adding the cream of chicken soup.  She promptly reminded me that she also adds a can of Chicken Gumbo, as well!  Sooooo I guess she puts three cans fo soup in hers; mushroom, cream of chicken and chicken gumbo.  After talking about it, she said, "sounds like supper tomorrow".

--- End quote ---

Hope yer not concerned with sodium........... ;)

Snitch#8:
Actually, I'll be 63 next week and have copd, congestive heart failure, arthritis in my knees, two disks taken out of my neck, one out of my back, currently have a hernia in my stomach and I'm pushing 360lbs.  When I went to my heart doctor in October, he looked at my bloodwork and said, "he didn't know what I was doing, but he wished he could prescribe it to all of his patients!  Yes, I would like to drop some weight, other then that, I really don't worry too much about sodium.  If it tastes good, it "MUST" be good for you, lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version