The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Panfish or walleye lake near Cheyenne?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Perch Crazy

• IceShanty Rookie
Panfish or walleye lake near Cheyenne?
« on: Dec 13, 2007, 11:10 PM »
I'm new to the Ice Fishing Wyoming forum and wanted to say "Hello".  I'm hoping to find a nice little place to chase panfish & walleye this winter.  I have fished Hattie, Granite, Crystal, and North Crow in the past few years.  Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
Re: Panfish or walleye lake near Cheyenne?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Perch Crazy, can't help you with the fishing in the area, but I would like to welcome you to the Shanty. Hang on on man, this is wild here... :tipup:
 Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline WyoZac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2007, 11:33 PM »
Hello, Hawk Springs would probably be the closest for walleye if theres still water in it, Greyrocks or Wheatland Res No 1 around Wheatland, or if you wanted to travel a hundred miles Glendo has some nice perch and walleye. As far as ice conditions i haven't heard of any yet.  Good luck! :tipup: :tipup:
Zac

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2007, 08:15 AM »
Going to glendo is definently worth it when the ice comes on. Excellent fishing for walleye and perch.

Offline lethalwepon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Hawksprings is very low and the only perch I caught this summer and last winter were small. All of the lakes you have fished have perch in them but finding them is the trick.

Lethal

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Going to glendo is definently worth it when the ice comes on. Excellent fishing for walleye and perch.

looking forwad to trying that myself this year hopefully! and a hearty welcome to you perch crazy!

~ G

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:03 PM »
hey Wyozac what is the deal with wheatland 1 , ever catch anything there? I am pretty frustrated with Hawk springs.

Offline WyoZac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:34 PM »
I v never fished it through the ice, but from shore Ive caught some real nice smallies, a few walleye, and a lot of #5 and under catfish. Some people that were fishing it from a boat this fall had good luck with perch and walleye and starting to pick up a few crappie.
Zac

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:08 PM »
Do you know if wheatland #1 is frozen. I am going to fish somewhere in the morning but haven't decided.

Offline Perch Crazy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2007, 10:11 PM »
Hump, Does Hawk Springs normally have good ice all winter?  I was told by somebody that it didn't.  What size of perch can you catch?  How about walleye?  I've fished it twice in a boat in the summer and caught a small walleye but marked a fair amount of fish along the dam.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.