The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Healy 12/08  (Read 1028 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Healy 12/08
« on: Dec 08, 2007, 06:14 PM »
it was after noon before i finally hit the road to either keyhole or healy... at the last minute i decided to head to healy and if it wasn't good, onward to keyhole for a shot at some early crappies.

healy had roughly three inches of clear ice where i was at... i drilled 5 holes starting maybe 30' from shore and they ranged from 12' to 20'. a few times the ice popped under my weight (230) so i never ventured further towards the middle. i did want to get into deeper water to see if fish were suspended or still holding close to bottom.

there were only about 8 anglers out there. 3 in one group near me, two groups more towards the buffalo side in a small bay/cove and a single guy about 75' from me who came in later.

all i caught were small perch... one might have made a keeper but it went back down the hole as well. jigging raps, a gitzit dropper below a silver kastmaster and spoons all produced action. just small action! i tipped about everything with gulp maggots and even used some perch eyes. still mostly small stuff.

no one around was catching anything of size either. maybe out deeper...  still a good afternoon and now to sit back and watch the UFC tonight!

~ G

Offline pokefan1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Healy 12/08
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Thanks for the update on HEALY. The ice should be alot better by next weekend and maybe we can get some more fishing reports out by then. I am surprised that there was even that much it out there as just over a week ago it was still open.

Any day on the ice is a good day!!!!

Keep calm and return fire...

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2007, 07:55 PM »
I aslo went to healy today and all i could get was perch i was in a yukon it was nice to land some fish the first time out now iam going again tom i cant wait

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2007, 08:09 PM »
black gmc sonoma 4x4. looks mostly like dirt since i threw on some larger BFG's... give me a shout if you see it.

~ G

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2007, 08:59 PM »
black gmc sonoma 4x4. looks mostly like dirt since i threw on some larger BFG's... give me a shout if you see it.

~ G

will do

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.