The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: night fishing regs in wyo  (Read 1887 times)

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
night fishing regs in wyo
« on: Dec 07, 2007, 08:54 AM »
hey, do any of you guys know if it is legal to fish after dark in this state? 

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: night fishing regs in wyo
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2007, 09:04 AM »
The regs are opretty specific, yes, you may, but with out using light to "attract" the fish, but only as a source of illumination for your fishing spot and you may use lighted bobbers.
                                                                         D  ;D

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2007, 09:22 AM »
I always wondered if that included glow jigs. I assume it does but always wondered.
Zack

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2007, 09:41 AM »
"Artificial light" (batteries) is the critical issue for G&F on lures. The reg also states that a light source (Coleman lantern) cannot be hung in such a fashion as to have it's primary function be "attracting" fish. I've been told by people who've been warned by wardens, underwater cameras are also illegal, although the thought of using one has never crossed my mind. I guess they base that on the IR light emitted by the lil fish-like gizmo you lower into the hole. Another thing to bear in mind at Boysen is if you're going to stay past 10 pm, you gotta have a camping permit, which is not the same thing as a day-use annual. I got warned about that.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2007, 10:00 AM »
so then your take on glow jigs is that since they are not battery-powered, they be ok?

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2007, 10:09 AM »
I use 'em BD...never had a warden look at one that closely...mostly, they've wanted to see my minnow!  ;D :roflmao:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2007, 01:30 PM »
so then your take on glow jigs is that since they are not battery-powered, they be ok?
I don't see where  the principle would be any different than light-gathering fibers on a bow-sight (which I also use).

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2007, 01:58 PM »
I had a conversation with some of my warden friends and the consensus seemed to be just what Icemonstr said:  Glow jigs are legal, battery powered light sources are not.  We discussed what the difference was, since they are both "artificial light" and their consensus was "shut up, don't ask such stupid questions, no one cares if you use a glow jig"!!!

I have heard WGFD guys talk about using the cameras, and would bet they are legal, since the infrared source if light is not visible to the fish (that's my answer and I am sticking to it).

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2007, 02:09 PM »
thanks, guys. 

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2007, 02:47 PM »
I had a conversation with some of my warden friends and the consensus seemed to be just what Icemonstr said:  Glow jigs are legal, battery powered light sources are not.  We discussed what the difference was, since they are both "artificial light" and their consensus was "shut up, don't ask such stupid questions, no one cares if you use a glow jig"!!!

I have heard WGFD guys talk about using the cameras, and would bet they are legal, since the infrared source if light is not visible to the fish (that's my answer and I am sticking to it).
I would agree except that one warden told me they were illegal...most likely one of those matters open to wide warden-interpretation. The key to me is that the infra-red or whatever light is used to illuminate the camera eye is not used as an "attractant". I think they are busy enough without being bothered with whether we use a camera or not or as you say, who cares if you use a glow-jig.  ;D

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:25 PM »
So could you use a camera flash to charge your glow jigs before they go in the water?  We do this back home when we koke fish at night.
ZAck

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:30 PM »
So could you use a camera flash to charge your glow jigs before they go in the water?  We do this back home when we koke fish at night.
ZAck
Shhhhhhhhhh... ;D :roflmao: :callcops:

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Shhhhhhhhhh... ;D :roflmao: :callcops:

Ha Ha.  Ill say no more.   ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.