Author Topic: lost Larry  (Read 3945 times)

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: lost Larry
« Reply #30 on: Feb 20, 2019, 07:48 PM »
Yup typical Mass hole... anyway, I took plenty of lumps growing up, win some loose some,,but my old man had a saying (one of many) most  critters don't mess with a skunk, YES they might be able to best it, but it's just not worth the cost,  same thing with messing with a little spit fire. You might kick his butt, but it'll cost ya, it was a good life's lesson,now adays, the kids would need 6 months of therapy to solve something we settled in the school yard Mano y mano in 5 minutes ...anyways these days there ain't no more fire ..just spit!

Then 5 minutes later you are friends again. Today the kids would have to see a shrink before they could get back into school.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 20, 2019, 08:09 PM »
Then 5 minutes later you are friends again. Today the kids would have to see a shrink before they could get back into school.
Interestingly enough Denny, many schools have shrinks in house, now.
And it's remarkable how many kids have their own personal aid.
I'm still trying to figure out how we survived unaided and without a cell phone?   :cookoo:
Oh, I'm still twisted from not getting a trophy for every game I lost too.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 21, 2019, 05:32 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how we survived unaided and without a cell phone?   :cookoo:
Ain't that the truth.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 21, 2019, 06:03 AM »

CD they would have ran out of shrinks at my school. My wife doesn't know how I make it through the day.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 21, 2019, 07:02 AM »

Personal aids are not uncommon in schools.... I coach High school lacrosse an we had a kid on our team 2 yrs ago who had an aid... The aid would show up at practice, an games and if the kid was having issues ( whinnying and or not getting what he wanted ) the aid would step in an talk him through the so called “ issue “
A good a$$ kicking from Mom or dad is what is needed

Sounds like that kid on the ice got what ever he wanted an threw a tantrum when he couldn’t get that fish you caught
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 21, 2019, 08:40 AM »
Personal aids are not uncommon in schools.... I coach High school lacrosse an we had a kid on our team 2 yrs ago who had an aid... The aid would show up at practice, an games and if the kid was having issues ( whinnying and or not getting what he wanted ) the aid would step in an talk him through the so called “ issue “

Sounds like that kid on the ice got what ever he wanted an threw a tantrum when he couldn’t get that fish you caught
sounds like another future child of the state doesn't want to work to get anything on his own and has been taught he's entitled. i liked it back when you played ball and if you beat a team 45 to 2 they went and practiced harder. now they get coddled by the parents and the blame goes everywhere except where it should.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:19 AM »

Agree on the a$$ kicking. I think it may have started when parents started that "counting game"? I've seen parents say to 3 year old's, "you got till 3". After they get to 10, they tell them their not going to get that ice cream they were promised and so on. I've seen so many 3 year old's have their parents all figured out and in control.
PG, are you even allowed to bench or kick high school kids off a team, anymore?
I couldn't imagine talking back or melting in front of a coach when I was a Pee Wee. For one thing, I'd be afraid of what coach would do and foremost, I would never embarrass myself in front of my teammates.
My wife doesn't know how I make it through the day.
Robin tells me, I need to see a shrink almost daily.  ;D

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:33 AM »
 :roflmao: :clap:
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:25 AM »
Agree on the a$$ kicking. I think it may have started when parents started that "counting game"? I've seen parents say to 3 year old's, "you got till 3". After they get to 10, they tell them their not going to get that ice cream they were promised and so on. I've seen so many 3 year old's have their parents all figured out and in control.
I couldn't imagine talking back or melting in front of a coach when I was a Pee Wee. For one thing, I'd be afraid of what coach would do and foremost, I would never embarrass myself in front of my teammates.Robin tells me, I need to see a shrink almost daily.  ;D

I’ve benched an have kicked kids off the team... So yes you still can. 
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 21, 2019, 11:43 AM »
I’ve benched an have kicked kids off the team... So yes you still can.
i'm surprised you didn't get sued or had the affirmative action group called on you. :nono: :D
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 21, 2019, 03:42 PM »
I couldn't imagine talking back or melting in front of a coach when I was a Pee Wee. For one thing, I'd be afraid of what coach would do and foremost, I would never embarrass myself in front of my teammates.Robin tells me, I need to see a shrink almost daily.  ;D

My grandmothers were the ones who would put a scare into us. I couldn't believe how fast they could run to catch us by 3 we were history.

CD maybe we can get a two-fer on a shrink?

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 21, 2019, 04:33 PM »
CD maybe we can get a two-fer on a shrink?
I'm sure we could work a deal, Denny.
You're putting visions of One flew over the Cuckoo's nest in what's left of my mind!  ;D   

Roccus, very sorry for my part in this good thread of yours taking a hard left.  :-[ 

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:05 AM »
I'm sure we could work a deal, Denny.
You're putting visions of One flew over the Cuckoo's nest in what's left of my mind!  ;D   

Roccus, very sorry for my part in this good thread of yours taking a hard left.  :-[
Nothing to be sorry for, it all is pertinent to the context, we all had to have something to get us through the week, 3:30 tomorrow AM  can't come soon enough. Besides, I know I'm in good company knowing how we all feel the country had gone to XXXX in a hand basket.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #43 on: Feb 22, 2019, 07:27 AM »
Go crush them tomorrow guys. Hopefully my local spot still has good enough ice for 1 last trip. Looking at my calendar, tomrrow may be my last time ice fishing for the year. Weddings and dad duties with local ice shot. We shall see.
Just add water.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 22, 2019, 06:00 PM »
Nothing to be sorry for, it all is pertinent to the context, we all had to have something to get us through the week, 3:30 tomorrow AM  can't come soon enough. Besides, I know I'm in good company knowing how we all feel the country had gone to XXXX in a hand basket.
Thanks, Joe.
Your last statement is so true! Shake my head every night lately, watching the news.
Good luck tomorrow in what little left we have of sanity.

Stay away from the big bass and jealous wannabe combos.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.