Author Topic: Quick review of Baffin shackleton  (Read 588 times)

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Quick review of Baffin shackleton
« on: Aug 20, 2018, 09:41 PM »
So thanks to Deal Ninja I picked up a pair of the Baffin Shackleton. I wear size 9 in everything and went with 10 in these. I have been wearing the Cabela’s Saskatchewan boots for past 5 yrs. I decided to take the liners apart in both to compare and it was very easy to see which boot was better made. Baffin hands down. The liner is thicker and Baffin also has a waffle type liner under the main liner that will add comfort. Now, the only thing I can’t review on is the warmth of the Baffin. I tend to get cold feet and would get a bit cold in the Cabela’s ones after awhile. I generally would just always put a hot pack in my boots but that wasn’t always the best idea. Long story short I can’t wait to try these Baffin out in sub 20 degrees and lower! For 68 bucks on sale thanks to deal ninja I’m a tad excited if you can’t tell. And considering my muck artic split at the ankle seem I will be watching for the Baffin comparable all rubber boots for warmer days. Any other feedback?

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Quick review of Baffin shackleton
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2018, 07:36 AM »
I need to get these!

Catchin' Fish

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Not a good comparison, 5 year old compressed boots to brand new ones.  Regardless, it's sounds like a great pair of boots. 

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2018, 09:43 AM »
Not a good comparison, 5 year old compressed boots to brand new ones.  Regardless, it's sounds like a great pair of boots.
Yeah, you are probably correct on that. Not completely fair. Another thing i like about the Baffin is they actually flex. The Saskatchewan boots are stiff as a board. Don't get me wrong the cabelas boots have treated me pretty good over the years but seems there is quite an upgrade with the Baffins.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.