Author Topic: Conditions Today?  (Read 1525 times)

Offline jamflowman

• IceShanty Rookie
Conditions Today?
« on: Jan 27, 2018, 04:56 PM »
What's happening everyone?? Hope everyone had a successful day on the ice today. Didn't have a chance to get out today but was hoping ice would still be fishable tomorrow. Was going to fish stump but wanted to see if anyone had updates on the ice after the warm weather today. Thanks!
You can't catch 'em from the parlor.

Offline nickrich13

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Conditions Today?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Little round top is junk two guys fell in today

Offline FISHTAILS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:24 PM »
I saw NP police trying to get guys off the ice today at wenscott res.. Happens to me every time I go there.

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish like it's your first cast !
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2018, 10:05 PM »
I fished SK RI. The morning was great with a solid 8 turning into a slick 4 out a bit further.  The auger seemed to go through quicker every time I punched another set of holes searching for  fish. Both the jig and tilts were  working ,real nice calicoes, yellow and white perch. By noon the bit was chewing through in seconds and spitting up columns of ice, not good. As i checked one of the tilts the entire section of ice sunk about 2" .While  checking the other 3 tilts the ice sunk and shifted up and down as i stepped over the expansion cracks. Felt like I was hopping on planks of floating plywood..The sled  made a wake on the wallk back with a ton of water on top, should have trolled lol..Hopefully it will all tighten up again soon. I heard they are forecasting a frigid February.. We shall see. Hope you all gottem good ! FF

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:47 AM »
Fished solo up at Bowdish Spillway. 5-7inches of ice as of noon Saturday Lots of wind flags but a skunk. Then bugged out of there and crashed Wilson's. Met RIFish and Reginald Bones III. They were catching fish but I brought another skunk. (must be me at this point) Had a great day out although not much happening on my sets!

Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2018, 07:26 AM »
Little round top is junk two guys fell in today

What time did this happen?!?! I drove by at 12:30 and saw 2 or 3 groups out there with 5-10 guys total. I was skeet shooting from 1-3 and did bot hear any sirens (if called).
Just add water.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2018, 07:28 AM »
I fished SK RI. The morning was great with a solid 8 turning into a slick 4 out a bit further.  The auger seemed to go through quicker every time I punched another set of holes searching for  fish. Both the jig and tilts were  working ,real nice calicoes, yellow and white perch. By noon the bit was chewing through in seconds and spitting up columns of ice, not good. As i checked one of the tilts the entire section of ice sunk about 2" .While  checking the other 3 tilts the ice sunk and shifted up and down as i stepped over the expansion cracks. Felt like I was hopping on planks of floating plywood..The sled  made a wake on the wallk back with a ton of water on top, should have trolled lol..Hopefully it will all tighten up again soon. I heard they are forecasting a frigid February.. We shall see. Hope you all gottem good ! FF

Surprised it went downhill so fast FF. Ice was plenty thick where i was with atvs everywhere. Wet on top when i left but solid.
Just add water.

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish like it's your first cast !
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Eh' no surprize. Any ponds closer to the saltwater are going to go faster. I think of the warm SW winds like a salt blaster. The thinner stuff spider cracked as i stepped, in side where it was thicker wasnt so bad just a ton more water on top.. All these deep freezes and redos are causeing wicked inconsistency in the ice..Im sure there is a ton of safe ice North and West. Go gettem, Be safe all FF

Offline nickrich13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2018, 08:57 AM »
What time did this happen?!?! I drove by at 12:30 and saw 2 or 3 groups out there with 5-10 guys total. I was skeet shooting from 1-3 and did bot hear any sirens (if called).
It was just after 12 maybe 1230

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2018, 12:06 PM »
Wow. I am betting I drove by right before it happened. Any idea if they went through on the edge or out in the middle?
Just add water.

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2018, 04:36 PM »
be careful guys I `was on meadowbrook this morning 5 in of ice trout hitting like crazy ice is about 70%snow
covered walking back to the bank I stepped on some fresh snow there was a 10 inch hole  you could not see that only had about a 1/2 inch of I went through with my right leg all the way to my hip twisted my left ankle pretty good `I probably could of rolled out of hole but really didn't want to roll in the water on top of the ice gannetgil was there and helped me stand up        thanks gil

Offline gannetgil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2018, 11:57 AM »
Thanks for kind words Ed.
Glad I was near you to pull you out!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.