Author Topic: Bait shop hours  (Read 2335 times)

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • gimme back that fillet o fish
Bait shop hours
« on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:56 PM »
Finally i got out this season for the first time and it did not start off well.  I would like to start of by saying that if you own a bait shop and you tell a customer that you will be open at 6 a.m on a sunday and your web site says open at 6 and your sign on your door says open at 6 a.m then BE OPEN at 6. i waited 1 hour in the parking lot with a few our eager fisherman.  I am not going to give a business name but i’m sure other people in the northern end of the state have experienced this also. 

update your website an door sign please

anyways  fish on 🕳
Chepi

Offline FISHTAILS

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bait shop hours
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2018, 04:13 AM »
Drove there one morning before work cause of hours on website and waited till after 7 and no show. Waste of my time!

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2018, 04:42 AM »
just as a point of interest you are fortunate to even have a bit shop open in your area they are going out of business every day      rents are high sales are way down and they cant compete with the internet                                                     
 times they are a changing guys 
 see the post labeled shiners just saying    i know of 6 bait shops that went out in just the last year all within this area
try calling ahead like the day or 2 before and let the guy know your coming and he wont be sitting there alone for nothing again for third or fourth day in a row just burning electricity for nothing     oh yeah dont forget to piss and moan about the prices while you are there and let him know how cheaper every thing is at walmart

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:04 AM »
wow.  first of all i did call ahead and he told me 6 am.  that’s why i went at that time. i didn’t me to cause a uproar, but that’s bad business.   
that’s why company’s close.    no customers no $$

just saying
Chepi

Offline FISHTAILS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:49 AM »
Best advertising word of mouth!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:10 AM »
And that is exactly why i have my own bait. Hate relying on other people just to get burned. Been there, done that, lesson learned. Now im the first one on the water no matter where i go and its nice to fish a spot i predetermined should hold fish without competition.
Just add water.

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:12 AM »
dont go getting your feelings hurt chep all i am saying is have a little compassion and understanding

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:11 AM »
not hurt. just disappointed. 
Chepi

Offline Reginald Bonz III

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:55 AM »
I was told that a Bait Shop was going to be open at 7 A.M. on Saturday the 20th.  So i showed up at said Bait Shop at 6:55 A.M.  The person who was in charge of opening that day did not show up until 7:15 A.M.
We may be talking about the same Bait Shop.

Early is on Time
On time is Late
Late is Unacceptable
Keep those holes clean and smooth

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:17 AM »
just as a point of interest you are fortunate to even have a bit shop open in your area they are going out of business every day      rents are high sales are way down and they cant compete with the internet                                                     
 times they are a changing guys 
 see the post labeled shiners just saying    i know of 6 bait shops that went out in just the last year all within this area
try calling ahead like the day or 2 before and let the guy know your coming and he wont be sitting there alone for nothing again for third or fourth day in a row just burning electricity for nothing     oh yeah dont forget to piss and moan about the prices while you are there and let him know how cheaper every thing is at walmart

I understand your point here and agree but what good is a local bait shop if they make you wait an hour after you already confirmed the opening time the day before? You just lost an hour of your life that could have been spent wisely including fishing. I would have called the closet bait shop at 6:05 and drove to give that place business if they were open.
Just add water.

Offline fredjiggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2018, 03:20 PM »
If it wasn't for my damn computer, I would be $50.00 richer each month. When retiring one should consider moving north.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline war eagle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:05 PM »
Chepi, wow 1st time out this season? You're slipping...hope everything is alright.

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:13 PM »
i’m great. just a lot going on right now. house renovations. you know how it goes..
Chepi

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:34 PM »
Go to dicks...poor guy has been there everyday at 6...no one shows up till 10am and he’s getting fed up...probably good to call him ahead now...seeing that the ice stinks...guy has great bait!

Offline war eagle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:59 AM »
i’m great. just a lot going on right now. house renovations. you know how it goes..
Dlad to hear that. Yup I definitely know how it goes, this site is the closest I've come to being on the ice this year >:( so far!

Offline BENWA78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:48 AM »
I agree with chep. If you say your gonna do or be something then thats what you do. Have some pride and honor. That shop being closed when it should be open will bury itself. If i have another option I'd never step foot in that establishment again and tell everyone the same. Do your job or close your doors
Patience

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2018, 06:14 AM »
👍🏼👍🏼
Chepi

Offline AT Grimaldi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Why does my 13 yr old always out fish me?
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:26 PM »
Go to dicks...poor guy has been there everyday at 6...no one shows up till 10am and he’s getting fed up...probably good to call him ahead now...seeing that the ice stinks...guy has great bait!

What is Dicks address and phone please
Vintage Frabill Ice Shuttle with modifications
K-Drill with M18 Milwaukee Drill
Jack Traps rule the world of hardwater!
Marcum LX-7LI Lithium Combo Sonar System
ATG Custom Smelt Jigging Boards
ATG Custom Jigs
Arctic Armor Suit
Mr. Buddy
Shappell 3000
.....and no time.

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2018, 06:21 AM »
460 Smithfield ave. Pawtucket...258-2498...there is no sign but don’t worry there is good bait...don’t mind the mess  :roflmao:

Offline FISHTAILS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2018, 08:00 AM »
460 Smithfield ave. Pawtucket...258-2498...there is no sign but don’t worry there is good bait...don’t mind the mess  :roflmao:

Or the smell! Great guy to

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2018, 08:18 AM »
He is a bit slow as well but definitely a great guy. Tell him Mike W sent you and I am sure he will tell you I am nutz..... and give you extra shiners.
Just add water.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2018, 09:32 AM »
For you NW RI guys don't forget Ted's Bait ..He's been in stock most of the season too.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #22 on: Jan 26, 2018, 12:40 PM »
Where is Teds?
Just add water.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #23 on: Jan 26, 2018, 12:53 PM »
Ted's is off Putnam Pike (rte 44) Go through the rotary in bustling downtown Chepachet stay on 44 go about 1 mile or so from the rotary. take a right on Reservoir Rd. (you will see the sign for teds bait) about a mile and a half Teds is on the right. Ray is the name of the guy who is in Charge.  He says he'll dip bait whenever someone shows up and whenever he has it. 

Offline Reginald Bonz III

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 26, 2018, 01:58 PM »
Nice guy that Ray.. He loves to talk fishing, just not while he is counting shiners. 

I think he is 94 years young.
Keep those holes clean and smooth

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #25 on: Jan 26, 2018, 02:15 PM »
That is true he told me to be quiet he's counting the last time I was in.... ;D too funny.

Offline war eagle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2018, 04:36 PM »
 That shop is "old school awesome , love going there and he really takes care of his customers. Would be my retirement dream job!

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish like it's your first cast !
« Reply #27 on: Jan 26, 2018, 08:20 PM »
Great shop, great bait !

Offline Windzilla

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 26, 2018, 09:29 PM »
Teds is RIs oldest baitshop, at least that is what his son Ray says. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Offline Cold Ice Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Conserve and protect the environment
« Reply #29 on: Jan 27, 2018, 09:20 AM »
I knew Ted, Rays dad when I was a teen, I'm 68 now so I would say it is one of the oldest in the State.
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't care and the people that do don't matter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.