The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: ICE GATOR AUGER  (Read 11694 times)

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ICE GATOR AUGER
« Reply #30 on: Oct 03, 2018, 07:38 PM »
Or the straight way to say it.....taking people's money for products never delivered or serviced.....he is a crook/criminal.
I'm dubious that justice will ever come to those who were burned. Greg Pepple was a visionary engineer but a breathtakingly poor businessman.
... and a crook in spades.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline clm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Oct 22, 2018, 10:01 AM »
He still has $600.00 of my money, of which I got nothing in return.   I would say that qualifies him as a crook.   

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I have been on top of the world, and theres no ice
« Reply #32 on: Nov 23, 2018, 07:37 PM »
I got one. 1st or second gen. Lead core batteries. Worked great for years and years...untill the end of last season.. just stopped turning. Not sure what's wrong with it. Things heavier then a full grown pig, but man could that thing rip through the ice..now it sits out in the garage.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #33 on: Nov 24, 2018, 04:26 AM »
Advertise it for parts.  I gave mine away for the cost of shipping.  Did someone some good.  Or, dissemble and fix it.  They are simple machines.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 01, 2018, 07:52 AM »
I got one. 1st or second gen. Lead core batteries. Worked great for years and years...untill the end of last season.. just stopped turning. Not sure what's wrong with it. Things heavier then a full grown pig, but man could that thing rip through the ice..now it sits out in the garage.
When they came out with the L-ion battery, I made the switch to get some of the weight off, and it helped. But I still have the original lead acid battery which is yours for the

freight cost. That thing would burn an 8" hole at about 3"/second and throw a knee high rooster tail of ice chips. I've gone the drill route now but I keep "L'il Pokie" on hand in the

hopes of suckering somebody into a hole drilling race.

I'm still mindful that IceGator burned some customers bad as they went out of business and there's still plenty of bitterness on that account but, man, what engineering!
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline diamond jig 86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 13, 2018, 09:12 PM »
Any body have motor specs for the attacker 2 lithium my motor is cooked runs for 3 seconds then quits trying to find a motor but not sure of torque output or rpm

Offline Chipsahoy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 23, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post on this site. Just wanted to let everybody know that my 40 volt Ice Gator just burnt my shop just about to the ground. Plugged it in to charge and a couple of hours later the fire department was there. Shop is a total loss. Fire inspector said it was the charger that overheated. This might be why he is out of business?

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2018, 08:25 AM »
You're not the first guy to be "burned" by IceGator but your situation is more literal. Bad charger rather than the Gator itself but the end result is the same. So sorry about your

loss. I can certainly make some drill/auger recommendations if you have any heart left for ice fishing. Also have a sweet little 27v Attacker available that doesn't get used as it

should.
                                                               Stinky

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Chipsahoy, that really sucks.  There are cases, daily, of fires being caused by various electronic devices.
I, at least, hope your loss is covered by insurance and no one was injured.
I had a similar fire, but I was present when the 12V battery charger overheated and was able to take action.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.