The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: slobs at keyhole  (Read 1027 times)

Offline wyoicenut

• IceShanty Rookie
slobs at keyhole
« on: Dec 15, 2013, 07:52 PM »
to slobs who have been fishing the rock at windcreek. i went ahead and picked up your mess today, couple mtn. dew cans, propane bottle threw off to the side, baggies and other misc. trash. so it should be ready for you to come make a mess again. you people who do this must think we are entitled to good access to fishing and probably are the same people who complain about be hounded by wardens and park rangers for not following rules or showing any type of respect to nature and fellow sportsman. of course those that do this are not sportsman anyways. but anyways its clean again and ready for you. oh yeah i also picked up half a dozen jigs including a nice buckshot spoon, so thanks

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: slobs at keyhole
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2013, 07:58 PM »
I keep an empty bucket for just such occasions. Gets old. Thanks for picking it up.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline wyoicenut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2013, 08:05 PM »
no thanks needed, i do it so hopefully we can have fishing spots in the future, and i hate the trash all over. i just dont understand how hard it is to take with you its lighter than when it was carried out, cause its empty.??????

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just a guess. . .
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2013, 10:09 PM »
I'll betcha the sun had set and the schnapps bottle was empty when the mess and tackle were abandoned. . .  :P
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline wyoicenut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2013, 08:26 AM »
possibly, but the propane had left tracks in the snow as it rolled after being threw towards the shore. some people just have no respect. I just hope kids were not with them to learn that littering is ok.

Offline MJA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2013, 10:20 AM »
to slobs who have been fishing the rock at windcreek. i went ahead and picked up your mess today, couple mtn. dew cans, propane bottle threw off to the side, baggies and other misc. trash. so it should be ready for you to come make a mess again. you people who do this must think we are entitled to good access to fishing and probably are the same people who complain about be hounded by wardens and park rangers for not following rules or showing any type of respect to nature and fellow sportsman. of course those that do this are not sportsman anyways. but anyways its clean again and ready for you. oh yeah i also picked up half a dozen jigs including a nice buckshot spoon, so thanks

Its the same here. Go to the ice and spend time picking up trash on shore and on the ice no respect.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:33 AM »
I don't care what the environmentalists say about hunting and fishing, it is the respectful "outdoorsman" who are the true stewards of the Land and fund most wildlife endeavors. I even stick bits of cut line back into my pockets.

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline cottonwood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:50 AM »
We seem to have a small element of these slobs everywhere. A favorite of mine is seeing cans and bottles thrown in fire pits like they are going to burn up. I've seen even larger items like old tires and even a recliner left on the ice after the ice season ended.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:54 AM »
an 'Ice Recliner"... Hmmmm... I'm thinking of building a SmittyRecliner now!!!  :clap:

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline WyoMinFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2013, 03:21 PM »
Unfortunately these people are everywhere.  I also bring an empty 5 gallon bucket and more often than not bring back others trash.  Leave it cleaner than you inherited it in is a motto I learned a long time ago.  Wish more people practiced this.....

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2013, 03:42 PM »
WTG Icenut. I keep my old bags that ice came in from the summer months in my truck and ranger to put garbage in on the ice. I wish I could catch people throwing their garbage on the ice. I wouldn't hesitate to call the sheriff on them.
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.