The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Boysen Help  (Read 1002 times)

Offline wyofly99

• Team IceShanty Regular
Boysen Help
« on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:06 PM »
I have never fished Boysen before and was wondering what to use and where to go to catch crappie and perch???? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Offline VegasIce

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Boysen Help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:26 PM »
I too am heading out to boysen for my virgin trip. Going with a buddy from work and his dad and uncle. We will only have saturday and a few hours on sunday to fish. Any good hot spots reccomended for perch mainly and everything else second. Oh One of the party REALLY wants some ling.
A bad day fishhttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t65/wyohound/for-wyomingites-only.jpging beats a good day of work.

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2010, 01:16 PM »
get a lake map and try cuts ,and drop offs into deep water perch are going to be deep dont have a clue about the crappie i never can find any this time of year.

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Don't give up. . .
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2010, 07:25 PM »
I realize that I'm not revealing any top secret information here, but oftentimes I see people on the ice (and fishing open water) who give up just before the crappie become active. 

I've fished a few lakes that offer good crappie fishing during daylight hours, but more often it appears that a lake or pond is barren of fish until the sun drops to just above the horizon.  Then the Vexilar shows anywhere from a few fish to several feet of varying shades of yellow-green-red, indicating stacked fish.

And many fishermen who've been on the lake since sunrise with little or no success pack up and head for the bar/restaurant/home between 3 and 4 p.m. -- just before the sniffers turn into chasers and active biters as the sun drops.
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline wyofly99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys...

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:01 PM »
I always see the same thing every time I go ice fishing. Everyone leaves just when I start catching fish. I guess they can't take the cold  ;D
Activly studying to manage your Wyoming waters

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:26 PM »
I  agree that being willing to spend some night time can make the differance.  I have caught a lot of my fish between the hours of 2am and 6am in curtain spots and others are best the last hour of light till 2 hours after dark the same in the AM.  Deep stuckture during day light and shallower for the dark of the night.  These are just the basic ways I try to find fish.
olefish

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:45 AM »
I've seen schools of fish higher in the water column from just before dark and into dark,but whatever they were they didn't want my minnow .if they were crappie they weren't hungry i guess.

Offline legerski82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2010, 11:04 AM »
  Went to boysen over new years got into the crappie in poison creek.   Ended up with forty three.  Also picked up three eyes and two sauger there.    Moved over by sisters for a night and caught several more eyes and few perch and trout.   Crappies were off and on.  All were caught in twenty feet off bottom couple feet.

Offline wyofly99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2010, 04:25 PM »
hopefully we will be able to find them this weekend!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.