Author Topic: been busy  (Read 971 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
been busy
« on: Feb 02, 2024, 09:25 AM »
been a strange winter for me. Been busy with various projects and ice was slow to start. Hope to be on here more. Making the best of it. ice is there if you look. I spent early season scouting until I found fishable ice. hope to see some of us on the derby board .
Salmonemia

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: been busy
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2024, 10:53 AM »
Headed back woods this year for pickeral and perch. Went out today to scout and plan on putting some leg work in this weekend. For the past few years it’s been all about the hanging out. This year I feel a bit different . Best of luck
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2024, 04:20 AM »
Yea man I hear that. Fished a few new spots.
Some of the faithfuls seem to be slower this year. Even the warm water lakes, which is bizarre. Have had to work it even harder this year. Pretty sure youve had similar experience jibbs. The problem isn't necessarily getting on the ice, it's finding the bite.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2024, 06:41 AM »
Yes, can confirm - plenty of ice if you look for it.

Did some scouting myself this weekend for new water....found 10-11" of ice both spots...1 spot was a cove off a big lake and 1 was a small pond in the woods.

I think I drove too far.   ::)

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2024, 07:32 AM »

Good luck at the derby Wayne and everyone else....

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2024, 08:43 AM »
50's and rain for the big event. What the actual f#$#%
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2024, 08:23 PM »
50 and rain sounds scary. Gonna be a Shiff show
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.