Author Topic: Deering Reservoir parking update  (Read 2906 times)

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
Deering Reservoir parking update
« on: Mar 27, 2019, 04:41 AM »
Not an ice fishing issue, but it could expand to effect you.

Effective this year (2019), the town of Deering has eliminated the seasonal parking permit. This year you will have to pay $10 per day to park there. This change looks like it will follow the prior seasonal permit required from memorial day to labor day.
This rule is due to people that don't observe parking restriction, trash the area and behave badly. Most of the issue is caused by people at the beach.

If your a kayaker, this will impact you because you can't park in the designated boat and trailer parking area if your car topping or transporting in a pick up.

"WE" need to stop the loss of access to waterways and outrageous fees charged by towns when we access waters that are owned by the people of the state of New Hampshire

Enough said = Call your fish and game commissioner, DRED, and the governor

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Deering Reservoir parking update
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2019, 06:03 AM »
Is there anyone specific at fish and game we should ask for? Who owns the launch? Is it state maintained?
Salmonemia

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2019, 06:40 AM »
Commissioner:
Hillsborough County

Ray Green
167 West Street
Milford, NH  03055
(603) 396-2493
Term: June 29, 2023

Launch details(scroll down to Deering Reservoir)
https://wildlife.state.nh.us/maps/bathymetry.html
Ramp is owned by the town of Deering

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2019, 07:48 AM »
What can we propose as a solution?
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2019, 08:28 AM »
If the town owns the launch they have control over access.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2019, 11:03 AM »
If the town owns the launch they have control over access.
**censored**?
this lake is stocked by nh correct?
Salmonemia

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Just called the commissioner you suggested, he was very nice and seemed concerned, he will look into it asap and follow up.
wayne
Salmonemia

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2019, 12:36 PM »
Just called the commissioner you suggested, he was very nice and seemed concerned, he will look into it asap and follow up.
wayne

Excellent, let us know what he says!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2019, 12:39 PM »
Not an ice fishing issue, but it could expand to effect you.

Effective this year (2019), the town of Deering has eliminated the seasonal parking permit. This year you will have to pay $10 per day to park there. This change looks like it will follow the prior seasonal permit required from memorial day to labor day.
This rule is due to people that don't observe parking restriction, trash the area and behave badly. Most of the issue is caused by people at the beach.

If your a kayaker, this will impact you because you can't park in the designated boat and trailer parking area if your car topping or transporting in a pick up.

"WE" need to stop the loss of access to waterways and outrageous fees charged by towns when we access waters that are owned by the people of the state of New Hampshire

Enough said = Call your fish and game commissioner, DRED, and the governor

Why should a kayak take a designated boat and trailer spot?  They should start registering Kayaks and Canoes. Guess no Kayaks will go because they have to pay 10 bucks?

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2019, 12:50 PM »
Why should a kayak take a designated boat and trailer spot?  They should start registering Kayaks and Canoes. Guess no Kayaks will go because they have to pay 10 bucks?
My canoe is registered and i troll
With it.
I should be able to park. Personally I think all kayaks and canoes should be registered anyway since they utilize launches . Here we go. ......
Salmonemia

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2019, 12:52 PM »
My canoe is registered and i troll
With it.
I should be able to park. Personally I think all kayaks and canoes should be registered anyway since they utilize launches . Here we go. ......

Yup

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2019, 01:18 PM »
Personally I think all kayaks and canoes should be registered anyway since they utilize launches . Here we go. ......
I think a lot of us feel the same way. Sure, the kayak doesn't take up much room on the water, but the vehicle it's on takes up parking space.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2019, 01:44 PM »
I'm not familiar with Deering Reservoir, but the parking issue is not unique to there.
The basic issue with "car top" launching is that a car or truck takes one space where a truck and trailer takes two. Where there is designated "trailer parking" you should not put a non trailered (made that up  ;D) ) vehicle, IMO.
Registrations and launching are whole different subjects.
In short, a little respect for others goes a long way.
FWIW, I've launched canoes and bigger boats......

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2019, 03:06 PM »
Perhaps presenting fish and game with adding parking for more trailers and designated car topper parking.

With this option they can add registering a canoe or kayak.   By adding a sticker for the vehicle they can use designated spaces

I plan on  going to the April commission  meeting to bring this issue to their attention
John

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2019, 08:00 AM »
Can you help me understand the issue? I don't car top, so I need to be educated. Why can't you park in the spots designated for cars? Or is it just that there are no spots exclusively designated for car top launching, meaning you may not be able to park after you launch? Trying to wrap my head around this as it seems kayakers have a pretty good deal right now.

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2019, 10:21 AM »
They are no longer offering seasonal parking permits

This year it's $10 per day
This is for anyone using the beach and that includes car toppers or pickups that bring kayaks and canoes.

You can't park accross reservoir rd below the dam. That area is reserved for trailer parkingomly  at no charge

The issue is that due to people that behave badly and slobs that trash the launch and beach areas have caused the town to take action that will hopefully bring an end to the mess these abusers have made

A possible solution for kayaks and canoes is to get fish and game to expand the trailer parking and also add a section for trailerless parking for car toppers. The next problem is that others would park there. This would be easy to solve by adopting an annual fee for kayaks and canoes. Simply add a third registration sticker that goes on the vehicle. Anyone without that sticker gets a ticket.

Those of us that routinely use the launch have a good idea who is causing the issues and where they come from.
Unfortunately you can't fix stupid

Online PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 29, 2019, 03:40 PM »
But you can fine them.  Once again, everybody has to lose out instead of enforcing rules that already exist.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.