The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: whats your plans for the last weekend  (Read 2236 times)

Offline chief613

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ....but why does it always happen to me!?
whats your plans for the last weekend
« on: Mar 23, 2005, 04:58 AM »
Got the shack off last sunday, so not tied down with that. Though i didn't have much luck Saturday, i really enjoyed Sabattus. Was also thinking of north pond in smithfield. Maybe Porter or Clearwater thinking of putting the shack there next season. Have been wanting to get into a crappie or 2. Any good spots for daytime crappie. Id love to try the crappie night but to far for a week day (early to bed thing). So many choices when you ain't tied to a shack.

Offline Splake Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: whats your plans for the last weekend
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2005, 05:07 AM »
The Smithfield Route would be alright...i suggest you go down by the inlet next to Pine Tree Camps...as im sure they are spawning by now...fish shallow..and be careful not to get you armed chewed while pulling out the vegetation!  :o

FISH ON!

Offline weefish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2005, 06:12 AM »
I am not going down without a fight.  Saturday will be tough with the Maine hockey game at 2:30.  Crappie here I come! :tipup: :tipup:

Offline me0nat0

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2005, 09:31 AM »
Anyone heading out downeast for a final foray this weekend?  Sunday I had to take a three foot leap of faith at the north end of Tunk to get over the melt onto the existing 24" of ice.  Only saw two other guys (one still driving his truck out there) and 6 bald eagles looking for some leftovers.    I'll have my radio to listen to the hocky game with me.

I live my life by one basic tenet: big fish eat little fish.

Offline Splake Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Heard Reports from My Bait Dealer....Big Togue caught in Tunk? anybody?

FISH ON!

FRESHBAIT

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2005, 02:01 PM »
I'M GONNA SPEND SUNDAY W/ MY FAMILY, AND HAVE OUR LAST FAMILY ICE FISHING WEEKEND AT THE SHANTY.  I'LL PROBABLY GET MY LAST DAYS IN ON THE 30, 31 WHEN I'M OFF

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.