Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1637386 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8640 on: May 03, 2017, 07:56 AM »
Morning all,

Hope everyone is having a good mid week  ;D  Not much going on here with the rain, wind & cold  >:(  frost forecast tonite ...say good bye to the apple crop again  :%$#!:

Stay safe at whatever you're doing  ;)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8641 on: May 03, 2017, 09:31 AM »
IFF....Raquettedacker has posted some pics of his spring trip over on MFF  ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8642 on: May 03, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Yo Tom, Sounds like your turkey hunting is about to run the same course as my fishing activity,  a lot less,  I didn't mention the not so favorable cold rain here in my neighborhood this morning but not as bad as other areas east seeing a bit to much rain as they are already in flooding conditions.  ah to be young and iron proof.

Thanks Ms WW, will take a peak over there on MMF
Bud

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8643 on: May 03, 2017, 10:13 AM »
Hey all, glad everyone is well...

Well another spring trip in the books......  We fished ,ate, and drank like kings.....   Weather was good, from highs in the 80's to lows of 34*.... 
The lean-tos were moved back 200+ feet from the water which was kind of depressing...  One lean-to they rebuilt (ours) they were nice enough to leave a shrine nailed to the wall to us.....  ;D
  Fishing was good, from lots of lakers, couple landlocks, a small brookie and lots of those stupid bass.  Every time we pulled into a spot we usually catch brook trout we had to go look for a new spot because it was loaded with bass... Since theres no catch and realise season in that part of the state we didn't want to look like we were targeting them....
Here's a few pictures...

[/URL
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8644 on: May 03, 2017, 01:31 PM »
Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing..........h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8645 on: May 03, 2017, 03:39 PM »

Hey Dom, nice pictures you guys sure know a good time! :thumbsup:

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8646 on: May 03, 2017, 04:37 PM »
Good Evening All,
  Jeff...I'll second your reply... :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Welcome back Dom, what a great bunch of pictures....awesome trip! Really nice of them to keep and add your older fishing records in the new lean-to...that's some special stuff right there!   :clap:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8647 on: May 03, 2017, 05:05 PM »
As always Excellent pictures

Good looking group and beautiful fish!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8648 on: May 04, 2017, 12:25 AM »
Good Evening, Not what I would call a good day, out my way.  At day break was greeted with drizzle, and off and on, sleet.  Come time to head to the store, decided to run the extended cab.  So I can get a few city miles on it and see how it does on the gas mileage.  Parked and headed to the door, and there I found big signs on the doors.  One read

GOING OUT OF
BUSINESS.

THE OTHER READ

EVERYTHING MUST
GO.

Clocked in and was introduced to the Liquidation officer.   and handed posters to put up in the fishing department.  All I got told was all the Gander Mountain stores have been ordered to liquidate/sell all existing merchandise.  The other information was it was not clear what would happen next.

Store manager informed me that there would be extra hours, and I could work all day Saturday, being that was a day I was not already scheduled for. 

Still a lot of questions, like what the time frame might be, if Camping World would take over this store, or it will be used, or not.  So far, I can't help but think I am being viewed as to old to work, and feel like, too young to die,  I am going to take the boat out in the morning and fish for a few hours.

:-\ ::) :unsure: :wacko: :blink:

Nice Pictures Dom  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8649 on: May 04, 2017, 03:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   38* this am, no sign of frost yet, high of 60 expected today.
  Marv..good luck today with your side job, hope the weather cooperates! Had a problem with Walmart myself once after buying tires there, glad the manager you dealt with was a stand up guy and helped you out.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...glad to hear your wife is finished up with the PT, excellent! Best wishes to her healing up 100%.. :thumbsup:
  Tom...happy hunting today, hope you get a crack at a nice big gobbler!
  Bud...that must have been a real eye opener seeing those signs when you got to work! Hope everything works out in your favor and you get some answers to your questions!
  Wally...good luck if you and Mr. WW are chasing the browns again today!

We had a good day on the marble yesterday, kind of a slow start, but we finished strong and exceeded what they expect for a daily quota. Still a few bugs to work out with our procedure, but if we can keep the same crews working together, that shouldn't be a problem.
  Have been experiencing a breaker in the panel box that keeps tripping, thought it to be just a faulty breaker, 15amp. Bought a new one yesterday, installed it, flipped it on and it popped again. Started trouble shooting, chased the wire and found that a mouse had chewed through the insulation and created a short about midway on that wire, found him fried as well. Tonight's project after work will be running some new wire and setting some traps...found lots of evidence there are a few who must have made inside my basement for the winter...guess I'll be doing some hunting of my own also.... ;D
  Cawfee's on, hot and fresh....there's some crumb doughnuts under the dome this am, help yourself!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8650 on: May 04, 2017, 03:38 AM »

Good morning Bud, Eddie, ER's,
                           35* here on my hill this morning, I'm headed to my sons in laws to try to get the deck done, weather guessers are
                saying rain for Saturday and Sunday me and MW are putting in a new leach bed at my house!
                           Bud.....What a surprise to walk in to, I hope it all works out! ??? Good luck out fishing today!
                           Eddie......You're lucky to find the short, that mouse paid dearly for a little taste of plastic, lucky for you the house
                didn't catch fire. Also it's a good thing in didn't happen in a wall! I'm sure your crew will get on track! :flex:
                          Marv.....I nope your side job today goes as planned.
                          WW......Good luck out on the water after those Browns!
                          Tom......Thanks for the info on that mower, but I decided to stay with a gas one, I bought a Troy Built 21"
                mulching, side discharge or rear bagger yesterday!
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the water!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8651 on: May 04, 2017, 03:40 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Dang mice :%$#!: At least the little bugger paid for his sins. Some good detective work running down the cause Eddie :thumbsup: Thank God the breaker tripped like it was supposed to.

Feel bad for you Bud! That had to be a sick feeling in the gut to see the signs :sick: Keep your chin up, something good will happen :thumbsup:

I am running late this morning. I got a call from the boss last night on my way home, asking if I would consider working today. I told him Thursdays are my day off ??? (I love giving him crap) Anyway I am off to the jungle to spend the day taking down an ugly silver maple. I guess there are a few trees to come down but the one I get he doesn't feel comfortable having the other guys do.

Hope you all have an excellent day! Stay safe :thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8652 on: May 04, 2017, 07:35 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....sorry to hear, that must have been quite a shock  :o maybe time to look at Cabelas again  ??? hope the fish are biting for you today  ;)
IW....hope you're able to get the deck finished without too much trouble  ;D
WS.....someone's got to keep the boss on his toes, might as well be you :roflmao:  :clap:
Eddie....good luck getting rid of the varmints  :flex: they sure can cause a LOT of damage  :%$#!:
TT....good luck with the birds, hope the weather starts to cooperate to make it more enjoyable  @)
Raquette.....nice pics  :thumbsup: thanks for sharing

Going to try and get the grass mowed today before the rains move back in later this afternoon, might need a set of pontoons on the Ferris in some spots  :wacko: extended forecast calls for at least a 40% of rain everyday for the next 2 weeks  :cookoo: sure makes it difficult to do anything outside  >:(

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8653 on: May 04, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Good morning everyone, I will be out mowing my lawn shortly weather guessers calling for rain tomorrow.
Eddie glad you found the source of the electrical problem and the systems safety features worked properly. Like Ice Wanderer said thankfully you did not have a fire. Sounds like your crew is getting up to speed with the marble laying.
Whopper Stopper hope the silver maple removal is not to difficult. Happy to hear someone at Walmart tried to correct your problem.
Ice Wanderer may you finish the deck today and all go well with the leech field work. Congrats to your wife on completing PT may she have a full recovery. Enjoy the new lawn mower may it serve you well for many years.
IFF definitely puts a damper on your day seeing signs like you did , you know we are all pulling for you. Have a good day fishing.
Raquettedacker thank you for the photos Appears everone had a good time. Nice of the state to save and install your trip records sign. May all go smoothly with the Mother's Day plant preparations.
Hunts2long hope you can get the new boat out this Saturday for the walleye opener.
Icefisher-45 prayers sent for a successful doctors visit tomorrow.
Wallyworld  hope the weather guessers are wrong so you can get outside and work on your garden.
OldSailor how is your wife doing with her recovery.
Mr.Turkey may the weather be good on Saturday and a nice turkey pass by your grand daughter.

Someone was wondering what happened to Yoopergirl/Mindy last time I checked her profile she had not logged-in/on to Ice Shanty since April 10TH or 11TH. I hope all is well with her and she surprises us with a post.
Have a safe and good day folks. Best to all fishing .
Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8654 on: May 04, 2017, 11:28 AM »
Shake down with the boat is in the books. Bring on the walleyes. Wish the weather was going to be better this weekend but I may still get out. Backtrolls down to 1.4. Didn't do top end yet but it gets up on plane real fast and rides very good at 22. Now I am pumped...lol...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8655 on: May 04, 2017, 02:08 PM »
 :thumbsup: :clap: hope you get it covered in fish slime this weekend H2L  :roflmao:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8656 on: May 04, 2017, 03:14 PM »
Beautiful morning out, water smooth as glass, must not have my heart in fishing, never detected a single bite.  Most likely will be several weeks before any word on what happens next.

h2L.....Sweet....on the first voyage with the boat.  :clap: :thumbsup:

Launching and loading up my boat went real smooth.  Used the put the tail gate down trick I see others use, when loading up  :thumbsup: no more getting wet.  ;D

Thanks all for the best wishes.  Will be keeping eyes and ears open here on out.

Tom how long does the turkey season last ?

Hope the weather breaks for you all.

have a good weekend.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #8657 on: May 04, 2017, 06:06 PM »
Good evening ER's!! Steve, thanks for asking about my wife's recovery. Considering she just had her knee replaced a week ago today, she is ahead of where they thought she would be! They say she is where she should be in a month, after one week!!  :o She is even getting around without her cane  She still has quite a bit of pain, but she has painkillers to take, and is not pushing it! Considering that she needs the other knee replaced also, it could be a long summer!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8658 on: May 04, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Excellent report OS :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8659 on: May 04, 2017, 07:42 PM »
ummm OS she does have like a laxative right......I learned the hard way taking pain pills.  Like my brother did, he wasn't listening to the doctor explaining about thanking, with pain pills, and after a couple days he said it was like trying to pass a bowling pin  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :woot:
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8660 on: May 04, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Very descriptive Bud :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8661 on: May 05, 2017, 03:08 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         Rain has started here on my hill and is suppose to be a wash out today. It's going to be an inside work
                  day. I might even go and get a hair cut.
                         I got the deck almost done yesterday, I needed about 1.5 hours on it to finish but I was popped at 5 pm
                  and out of screws. It will be done either Saturday, weather permitting!
                         Bud........Sorry to hear, no bites but it must have been nice with water as smooth as glass! :thumbsup:
                         h2l........That sounds like your new boat is set up perfect for fishing!  :flex:
                         OS.......I'm glad to hear that your wife's knee replacement is going ahead of schedule! :clap:
                         WW......The weather sure looks depressing for the next 2 weeks! :%$#!:
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the water, stay dry!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8662 on: May 05, 2017, 04:16 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

That reminds me IW I need a hair pruning also.

Not much going on here, just the normal sawdust stories when we work. Yesterday was a packed day with 7 trees that needed removing and an additional 6 to trim along a lot line. At noon the home owner ordered 5 large pizzas for the 6 of us. Talk about having to pry your rear out of the chair when it came time to hit it after lunch :woot:

Today I am gong to do a medium side job which I am guessing show take until mid afternoon. We are in a nice stretch of weather which is sure going to help the joints.

Hope you all have an excellent Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #8663 on: May 05, 2017, 05:13 AM »
ummm OS she does have like a laxative right......I learned the hard way taking pain pills.  Like my brother did, he wasn't listening to the doctor explaining about thanking, with pain pills, and after a couple days he said it was like trying to pass a bowling pin  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :woot:
Bud, I'll be sure to pass that along to the wife!!  :woot: :roflmao: :flex: ;)2 :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8664 on: May 05, 2017, 05:57 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Mike, Morning Everyone,
  39* and steady rain this morn, high of 53 expected here today.
  Jeff...you put in a long day yesterday, took advantage of the nice weather I'd imagine. Tough doing some things by yourself without that extra set of hands...hope your bones aren't too sore this morning!
  Marv...hope everything goes well today on your side job, maybe send some of that weather East if you can! Have a safe day... :thumbsup:
  Mike...excellent report on your wife's progress, continued success to her!   :clap: :thumbsup: 
  I-45....best wishes today on your treatments, hope all goes well for you Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Bud....better luck next time out. Any more tournaments coming up?
  Wally...you're right about the weather, depressing seeing the extended forecast for sure. Good luck with the opener tomorrow if you're going to brave the elements!    :thumbsup:
  Steve...yes, that was a close call with the wire shorting out for sure. Thanking my lucky stars the breaker did it's job and no fire. Fortunate that the wire was running where I could chase it to its end...it was running the entire distance on the sill plate. The crew is coming along, we had a very good productive day yesterday.
  H2...congrats on the maiden voyage! Hoping to see some great fishing reports soon...best of luck!   :thumbsup:

Picked up the 12 2 wire needed for my electrical repair on the way home yesterday. Drilled holes through the floor joists to run the new line before my son and his buddy the electrician came by to help me out. Everything went well, and replaced the 15amp with a 20....lights are back on!    :thumbsup:
  With all the rain, we had the day off today...have several things to care of, starting off with mouse trapping.
  Cawfee's on....will be stopping in periodically to see how everyone's doing today.
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8665 on: May 05, 2017, 06:57 AM »
Good Morning everyone,  IFF I hope everything works out. Thank you everyone for the good wishes. The Mrs took the day off to come with me today. Hope everyone has a good day and stays dry. Supposed to be a very wet day :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8666 on: May 05, 2017, 08:20 AM »
Morning all, according to a district manager, LaCrosse, Kenosha, Madison stores will remain.  Not sure exactly what that means.  No word on my Parker, CO store as yet.

Edit:  Now Syracuse is added to that list.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8667 on: May 05, 2017, 08:58 AM »
Morning all,

Word of the day.......saturated  :blink: :wacko: >:(  this rain just won't quit  :-\  Definitely going to make for a tough walleye opener tomorrow  :(  We never fish opening weekend, but for those that do it won't be pleasant.

IF45....best of luck with today's injections  ;)
IFF....maybe there's still hope for your store then too
Eddie....saw some brutal looking new fangled mouse traps at WalMart the other day  :flex:  no way those buggers will escape from them  :clap:
WS....hope your job is problem free today  @)   :thumbsup: :clap: on the weather enjoy
OS.....great news on the wife's recovery so far  :thumbsup: :clap:
IW....good day to get inside chores done for sure  ;)2 hope the weather clears so you get to finish the deck sometime soon
MW....any problems keeping caught up with all this rain  ???
Capt...hope all is well with you sir  :)  how are your son & future DIL doing ?
MrC....any lacrosse games on tap this weekend?
H2L.....best of luck if you hit the water tomorrow   :bow:  watch for floating debris  :unsure:

Have a good Friday. Good luck to those fishing this weekend. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8668 on: May 05, 2017, 10:44 AM »
Sure looks rainy across most of the East Coast.

Eddie hope your working inside.  There is a two day tourney on Pueblo, this weekend.  My manager and a former Gander employee will be in the hunt.
Bud

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8669 on: May 05, 2017, 01:41 PM »
Afternoon folks!  Not much going on today as far as work goes with all the rain. I sharpened up the mower blades on the new mower, put new blades on the old mower, then had some lunch and took a nap. Still have work coming in pretty steadily, witch is a good thing! My schedule just got a little bit more full as I volunteered to help coach little league. As it turns out my partner/buddy that helps with the pigs is the head coach of the team. We have had 2 games so far and won both, last nites game came down to our last batter hitting an in the park HR to drive in 2 runs to win by 1.

Eddie, glad u were able to get ur electrical issues taken care of also glad the breaker did it's job.

WS, hope the side job goes well today, stay safe sir!

IFF, hope everything works out for you as far as work goes, hope u can dial in on some hungry fish next trip out.

H2L, sounds like your going to love the new boat, hope it serves you well. Good luck this weekend if you get out.

WW, yes the rain is really messing up the work schedule, we lost 2 days this week, we should be caught up by the end of next week unless it rains everyday.

Icefisher, hope the injections do their job and u can get back to normal soon.

OS, glad to hear things are going exceptionally well for your wife's knee, may the great progress continue and hope she won't even need the pain med soon.

IW, looks like it's going to be a bit damp installing the new leach field, hope that excavator has a closed in cab lol.....we'll get it done.

TT, hope this weekends hunt goes well and u can find some active birds.

Mr. Clean, hope all is well! Any fishing trips planed?

Dacker, looks like u had another great trip,love the pics. Looking at the pics of your trip makes me miss the annual trip my buddies and I used to take.

Sorry if I missed anyone! Hope every 1 gas a great rest of their day!! As winnie the poo used to say tah tah for now!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.