Author Topic: tip ups  (Read 2555 times)

peple of the perch

tip ups
« on: Feb 07, 2004, 07:47 PM »
what are tip ups?

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: tip ups
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2004, 08:16 AM »
I was going to be a smart arse here but i realize no question is a stupid question...A tip up is a wooden contraption use for fishing that works on a balance system.  The line is winded around this small piece of wood then the Piece of wood isplaced on this other pice and the line is dropped near or to the bottom and balanced so that the the one piece of baord which has your line is either level or down...When it tips up snatch it and set the hook..Or if it moves set the hook depeneding on what your fishin for..Do a web serch for Pictures on Tip ups..you will get less smirks from your frlloew fishermna if you know what a tip up is..hope this helped!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

OU812

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2004, 09:04 AM »
what are tip ups?
For what its worth...we catch a lot of Crappie on tipups but I found you got to use light line and put them out close by. Give old "papermouth" any time to run and they're usually gone. :'(

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:28 AM »
Try a Yahoo search or Google search. You should find more info that you care to know, how to use, where to buy, along with plans to make them . . .

-reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.