Author Topic: Elevenmile and Skaguay Res.  (Read 490 times)

Offline elkdeerbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
Elevenmile and Skaguay Res.
« on: Jan 03, 2015, 05:32 PM »
I've made 5 trips out to 11-mile, each trip a different spot on the lake and I only got 1 16" rainbow to show for it. Just like last year so far, pretty slow and sad. Went out to Skaguay today and got my confidence back. 2.5 hours, caught 9 trout and 1 pike. Kept 4 trout. Also went to Tarryall twice for my first 2 trips. First time was good and second time was a skunk. Will probably go back to Skaguay next week. Still haven't been to Antero.

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Elevenmile and Skaguay Res.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2015, 06:48 PM »
How was the ice at skag?

Offline rabel74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2015, 09:46 PM »
Antero is a good place to go right now. I was there last Monday I think and me and another guy were able to get a little over thirty. Didn't have to travel very far to get into them. I am going out to elevenmile tomorrow. I don't really have high hopes of getting anything but I am going to go regardless and see what happens.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2015, 10:04 PM »
Speaking as the man who has more Elevenmile skunks on his account than any human deserves, I always find that a trip to Skagway can set you up for success on bigger waters. The fish aren't as big as Antero or the Mile but the action is always fun. Great place to take women and children and people who expect to catch fish when they go fishing. I've always heard that there's some nice pike in there but I've never taken one.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.