Author Topic: Looking for Ice Fishing Buddys  (Read 3667 times)

Offline DJBDUB

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for Ice Fishing Buddys
« on: Dec 15, 2019, 08:49 PM »
Not sure if this will work but it's worth a try. I have only been in MD for 3 years and don't know anyone or places here to ice fish. I grew up ice fishing in NW Ohio and still travel there and other places to ice fish with friends in that region. I don't mind fishing by myself, however when it comes to ice fishing especially new bodies of water, I prefer to have a partner for safety.

Hoping someone on here might be in the same boat or just looking fro some company on the ice. I have all my own gear including snowmobile if ice is solid enough.  Any takers let me know. I am in Hagerstown area but do not mind traveling for good ice time.

Offline MacEnvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Looking for Ice Fishing Buddys
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Not sure if this will work but it's worth a try. I have only been in MD for 3 years and don't know anyone or places here to ice fish. I grew up ice fishing in NW Ohio and still travel there and other places to ice fish with friends in that region. I don't mind fishing by myself, however when it comes to ice fishing especially new bodies of water, I prefer to have a partner for safety.

Hoping someone on here might be in the same boat or just looking fro some company on the ice. I have all my own gear including snowmobile if ice is solid enough.  Any takers let me know. I am in Hagerstown area but do not mind traveling for good ice time.

You're going to want to focus on Blair's Valley Lake and Greenbrier Lake in your location, and probably for a two week window in late Jan-mid Feb.. Maybe out to Lake Habeeb too, and if you don't mind driving a couple hours then Deep Creek Lake usually gets a decent season.

Offline DJBDUB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2019, 08:23 PM »
Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I fish blairs pretty constant open water my boys love catching and eating the hand sized gills out of there. I enjoy finding the crappie although they are usually smaller out of there then I'm used to. Planned to try ice fishing it this year if it froze enough. Heard of Habeeb but have not tried over there. I am definitely ok with driving to DeepCreek and already trying to make plans to do so. I really prefer to ice fish with another person for safety reasons and I do not know anyone around me that ice fishes. Having a wife and kids I can only take 6+ hr 1 direction trips every so often to ice fish. If I can find people/places within 2 hr drive I can hopefully enjoy more time on the ice. So, MacEnvy, if your ever looking for a fishing buddy let me know!

Offline Snipehunter57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2019, 01:51 PM »
There are several of us on this site  that fish Deep Creek Lake and enjoy company.
 Keep track of the weather there and post when you would be considering coming over.
 I'm sure you will find someone to fish with  :tipup:.

Offline DJBDUB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2020, 07:21 PM »
Thanks SnipeHunter57. Hoping the Ice shows up sooner then later. I'm jonesing for some ice fishing!

Offline MacEnvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2020, 07:25 PM »
The weather hasn’t been cooperating very well, but I drove up to my mom’s house in northern NY last weekend to jig up a few perch and gills in an ice storm. My little koi pond here in Frederick County is frozen over, and every morning I think ... “Hmm, maybe that would be fun.”

Offline DJBDUB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2020, 10:19 AM »
 :icefish: At least you got some in!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.