Author Topic: This weekend Jan. 10-11  (Read 3197 times)

Freezin

This weekend Jan. 10-11
« on: Jan 08, 2004, 09:17 AM »
If anyone knows about safe ice on Deep Creek please let me know.  I would really like to go out there this weekend but have to be sure there is safe ice !  Thanks

Offline Iceaddict

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re:This weekend Jan. 10-11
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2004, 09:05 PM »
if u not sure if there's any ice on DCL check this web www.deepcreektimes.com/webcam.asp
on that picture ,ice is everywhere,and i can guarantee u all the coves are frozen.the  temperature below zero stayed fot few nights.that's enough to form the safe ice.safe ice is 3 inch.www.mvp-wc.usace.army.mil/ice/ice_load.html

Offline Iceaddict

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2004, 09:17 PM »
after 36 hours.a mean sunday u don't have to worry about ice thickness,it's gonna be solid ice.i have been fishing on ice for 15 years,i'm from eastern europe,and believe me i know that stuff.the thinnest ice i ever fish was only 1,5 inch.it's not safe but we are crazy people talkin about ice anglers :o

Offline Iceaddict

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2004, 09:25 PM »
if i will get tommorow the ice chisel i ordered i will be on DCL sunday.it's gonna be my first but not the last time on ice here in united states.i 've got some really cool stuff from my dad.it's a hot,hot thing for a jumbo perch right now in eastern europe.i wanna try it here, i believe it's gonna work out pretty good here.

Freezin

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2004, 08:41 AM »
Sounds pretty cool ltboy, I had a friend from Swedin, He said that they ice fish alot over there for perch and pike. He told me they do not look the same as U.S. perch and pike.  Good luck and keep me posted with your results !

Offline Iceaddict

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2004, 09:07 AM »
that's the same fish.yellow perch and northern pike.we don't have crapie,bass bluegills.but we have a lot of yellow perch and pike.that's the only two kind of fish i used to go ice,back home.

Offline Iceaddict

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2004, 05:22 PM »
hey, freezin
i was on the ice today.tried on turkey neck.the ice ain't that bad,like the fatboy says.saw about ten people on the march cove too at the end of the day .it's still open in couple areas,but i think by the next weekend will be good everywhere.i'm goin' next weekend probably sunday.today i caught about 20 yellow perchies and to smallmounth keepers.Few of them were 13 inch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.